Anticipating a level cap raise

#1MrImpatient35Posted 11/30/2012 8:23:39 AM
Has Gearbox made any mention of what they'll raise the cap to? I'm already thinking of what I'll put additional points into, but I'm guessing they'll prolly raise it to 55 maybe? So I'm only guessing how I'll use 5 extra skill points. I HIGHLY doubt they will raise it to 69 like in BL1. 60 at the most.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#2kodosatozPosted 11/30/2012 8:55:41 AM
To be fair, they raised the cap to 69 in BL1 over the course of several DLCs. So it's still a possibility, though a small one, since we've already gotten 2 DLCs.
---
GT - Kodos Atoz
http://ddogmachat.chatango.com/ - Live Xbox 360 Dragon's Dogma chat. Q&A, Ur-Dragon Updates, Trades, General Chat
#3VegetallPosted 11/30/2012 8:59:42 AM
they didnt start the lvl raise till the 3rd DLC in BL1 to be fair... a
#4MosebysRangersPosted 11/30/2012 9:04:52 AM
In an interview for a preview of the Torgue DLC the developer stated clearly a cap increase is coming but he didn't know what DLC it would be not how much of an increase.

He also stated that they were considering trying some innovative for the cap increases vs just flat raising the cap like they did in the past.

Know how you feel TC. Day doesn't go by where I don't look and see where I wouldn't put a 5 pt or 10 pt increase. Sometimes just want to boost some skills I already have vs trying to expand a tree.
#5MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 9:10:13 AM
MosebysRangers posted...
In an interview for a preview of the Torgue DLC the developer stated clearly a cap increase is coming but he didn't know what DLC it would be not how much of an increase.

He also stated that they were considering trying some innovative for the cap increases vs just flat raising the cap like they did in the past.

Know how you feel TC. Day doesn't go by where I don't look and see where I wouldn't put a 5 pt or 10 pt increase. Sometimes just want to boost some skills I already have vs trying to expand a tree.

Pretty much. On my Gunzerker, I wanna put at least 2 more points in that skill in the right tree that makes me regenerate health every second. If they do expand the trees or add additional skills, I still hope they raise the level cap some, because I still want to add some skill points in some skills.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#6spfurm01Posted 11/30/2012 10:19:47 AM
GB has to be careful about level cap increases. Level 55 gear will likely have twice the damage output that level 50 gear has, based on the way the gear scales.

The easy solution would be to hand out skill points like they did in BL1 as quest rewards, but I guess that's too simple.

I'm hoping that if they raise the level cap they'll also add more skills to skill trees.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#7xelitespyderxPosted 11/30/2012 10:23:55 AM
I'm waiting to find out what randy pitchford has planned for the uses of eridium. All he said was "we're working on it" . Lol
---
GT : xelite spYderx
#8MosebysRangersPosted 11/30/2012 10:52:07 AM
xelitespyderx posted...
I'm waiting to find out what randy pitchford has planned for the uses of eridium. All he said was "we're working on it" . Lol

It would be nice.
#9VegetallPosted 11/30/2012 11:00:58 AM
IMO, it would be wise to try and keep the lvl 50 ledgandries relevant, or they better have some new ideas for some awesome weapons... or come back out with pearlescents...

since the oranges now are awesome and alot of fun to use, it would stink to make them useless , since duping cant go away... though the did sorta drop the ball with the seph weapons, except for the evo shield and maybe some of the new gernades in the torgue DLC...