How fun is this game compared to the first one?

#1Hucast9Posted 11/30/2012 12:30:16 PM
I played Borderlands 1 goty solo the entire game, and I thought it was fun. Is this game more of the same? Is it fun? How is this game?
#2atomicbreathPosted 11/30/2012 12:33:16 PM
to me this game is just as much fun as the first one when playing with friends. elements of the game are fun but it's just way better when you do it with friends.
---
Fact because it's science. ==============================================
#3crosswindkrabPosted 11/30/2012 12:33:27 PM
The game is pretty awesome the first playthrough. I don't much care for the way they designed the second playthrough though. The whole game is soloable, but it doesn't quite feel like some parts were balanced for it though.
---
If you can't freeze a turtle, you can't freeze a T-Rex.
#4Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:34:31 PM
crosswindkrab posted...
The game is pretty awesome the first playthrough. I don't much care for the way they designed the second playthrough though. The whole game is soloable, but it doesn't quite feel like some parts were balanced for it though.

In what way? Too hard? Too easy?
#5crosswindkrabPosted 11/30/2012 12:39:41 PM
Alot of the game seems to have been made with a "swarm the player with enemies" mentality. Sometimes this becomes tedious and depending on what enemies are spawning and where they're spawning it can get a little cheap at times. That and certain enemy types really don't work when thrown at you in high numbers.
---
If you can't freeze a turtle, you can't freeze a T-Rex.
#6MosebysRangersPosted 11/30/2012 12:50:02 PM
As fun as 1rst. Just be prepared for a different loot system.
#7namewitheldPosted 11/30/2012 12:50:06 PM
TVHM is tedious.

Some enemies (standard enemies not badasses) have three times more HP than you and the same DPS as you.

Think on this : most enemies spawn at complete random

They essentially balanced the second playthrough around the idea that everyone would beg duplicates of the best gear every couple of levels. They didnt think anyone would just play the game....either that o they actively hate the userbase...possible given theyre an american company.
#8Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:00:10 PM
MosebysRangers posted...

What is different? Cmon explain things. Im thinking about buying this game right now. It's on sale at Best Buy today only for $27.99.
#9MosebysRangersPosted 11/30/2012 1:13:46 PM
Hucast9 posted...
MosebysRangers posted...

What is different? Cmon explain things. Im thinking about buying this game right now. It's on sale at Best Buy today only for $27.99.

Hopefully I can explain in terms understandable.

Loot system in BL had a larger focus on finding weapons in chests with certain chests know to have better loot.

Essentially in BL once a chest was opened a complex formula literally created weapons with a wide variety of weapon types, MFG's and effects. So literally you could get an SMG that was a lesser rated color but stil be very powerful thus making looting fun.

Also in BL bosses liked Craw dropped tons of stuff with wide variety.

BL2 best item rewards re oranges or what is called LF's are limited in number and rarely dropped so one must farm extensively to get the best gear and/or trade or dupe. Only few quests and items are guranteed.

Because of this the loot system can become very tedious because one farm's chests and bosses seeing same boring weapons. My personal favorite of boring is one opens chest sees 2-4 green pistols with little variety. Goes to next chest and same 2-4 green pistols.

So yes the loot system has changed-be tedious-frustrating-boring-cheap and not rewarding because one can put a great deal of time playing not get lucky on boss killing to get an orange legendary. That is why you see so many people asking for them etc on these boards.

Hope this explains it well enough.

Note for $28.00 bucks if you liked BL you will get your monies worth IMO even with the changed loot system. It is more challenging than BL, encourages co-op and MS is much better. Classes are for most part different and fun to play.
#10incinerator950Posted 11/30/2012 1:17:19 PM
More overbalanced, still glitchy, still a loot farm. Story is better, characters are much more powerful, loot drops are at an all time slump though.

DLCs are nothing to remember by, not compared to the Armory or Zombie Island at least.
---
DS2 improves on DS in nearly every single way. problem with DS2 is that you're having too much fun to be scared.~sc0ttmst