ITT: How to get your Ass kicked with 4 Player Difficulty in a Single Player Game

#1BigSai29Posted 12/1/2012 8:35:07 AM(edited)
80/80

Credits to Raamzilla over at the gbx forums.

First off besides giving yourself a challenge, there is 1 very relevant reason why you would want to do this, This will optimize your chances at spawning Vermivorous as it is known that he has the best chance to spawn with 4 players.

All you have to do is make your way to Hyperius. That is all. I've heard you can be just outside his area where the vending machines are. I go ahead and open the gate and walk up to him anyway because **** useless Eridium. There is a tell you can use to show that the effect has kicked in aside from the fact that enemies obviously take a lot more damage to kill. Pick up ammo and you will pick up all ammo even if you are already full just as you would in a normal multiplayer game.

I got a bunch of Ultimate Badasses from this but no Verm because someone hates me =\. Give it a try though. Vermivorous isn't glitched by December so far as we know.
#2VegetallPosted 12/1/2012 8:36:31 AM
you know what, your right, i thought about it last night, before i fought him i filled up on all my ammo, and opened the trash bin in front of his switch and was able to pick up the sniper ammo, when it was clearly full...
#3DesertZeroPosted 12/1/2012 10:01:57 AM
Oh man, this is awesome. I was always a bit jealous that the PC has access to a player slider mod.
#4PanopictonguyPosted 12/1/2012 10:06:27 AM
So basically Raid bosses are meant to be fought in groups. To reinforce this the game automatically scales everything up as if you were in a group of 4.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#5DesertZeroPosted 12/2/2012 1:56:14 AM
So...I tried this tonight. It works! And it's so much fun, and I welcome the challenge.
#6ingo4Posted 12/2/2012 5:18:39 AM
This doesn't effect the loot in any way? What about experience? If you go to his area until the effect kicks in and then leave?
---
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#7TheLast0neAlivePosted 12/2/2012 6:16:26 AM
Thanks for sharing this. Just got three Ultimate Badasses to spawn in 30 minutes just testing this out.

Tried for about 4 hours the other night and only got two Super Badasses to spawn.
---
Honestly, I think I'd rather stick my dick in a blender. - Raylan Givens.
#8RjmhartPosted 12/2/2012 7:35:47 AM
I'm confused. Go to Hyperius, and it changes the game to the equivalent of 4 people being in the game? The if you go somewhere else the enemies are scaled to 4 player levels? Guess my question is, you can leave that area and its still scaled?
---
Psn: big_bob002
#9PanopictonguyPosted 12/2/2012 7:42:57 AM
Rjmhart posted...
I'm confused. Go to Hyperius, and it changes the game to the equivalent of 4 people being in the game? The if you go somewhere else the enemies are scaled to 4 player levels? Guess my question is, you can leave that area and its still scaled?

I think that's the point. You use this to make varkids evolve more rapidly and frequently while playing solo.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#10zman08Posted 12/2/2012 7:56:32 AM
Thanks this worked for me i got vermi to spawn, although it wasn't great as he was level 43.