Borderlands 1 Loot

#1jxlxw3Posted 12/1/2012 5:27:36 PM
Does anyone else miss the loot system from Borderlands 1? In my opinion, finding each of the orange weapons randomly really increased the replay value as you wouldn't have to bore yourself with farming. I know some people enjoy farming and find a sense of accomplishment when they finally earn an orange after hours of work, but after getting the bee I realized that I got the same amount of the enjoyment in BL1 when I opened a chest and there was an orange weapon, even though it happened more often. Does anyone else miss the old loot system?
#2Aadrian1234Posted 12/1/2012 5:30:30 PM
I killed a stalker yesterday in TVHM and got an orange shotgun from it, so it's not just bosses drop oranges
---
PSN/GT-Aadrianseth ; Current Status: Addicted to Borderlands 2
#3Social_SinPosted 12/1/2012 5:47:36 PM
I got my expandable madhous from one of the car chests in Lynchwood, and had one of my babymakers drop from a badass shock skag.

I don't understand how people can kill,reset,kill,reset,kill etc for like even an hour straight. I've done that for like maybe 10 minutes on the dev's chest and got sick of it lol got so bored haha
---
GT: Social Sin
Style Empire
#4jxlxw3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 6:24:41 PM
I know that you can get orange weapons from any enemy but the drop chance is so low that at level 50 it isn't as much going around killing enemies when there is a TINY chance that they will drop an orange. Throughout my two playthroughs on my siren I got one orange rocket launcher from a chubby (the Bunny) and that was it
#5WandymanPosted 12/1/2012 7:42:48 PM
Aadrian1234 posted...
I killed a stalker yesterday in TVHM and got an orange shotgun from it, so it's not just bosses drop oranges

Yep, I killed an Angry Biker the other day and got an orange shield.
---
GT: Buddhasmash83
#6BigSai29Posted 12/1/2012 8:10:18 PM
Defitnitely prefer BL1's system by far. I do like how drops are tied to certain mini-bosses but not at the cost of how they made chests and regular mob killing irrelevant. A guy on the gbx forums recently did 10k sample size on red hyperion chests. He got a legendary 0.23% of the time. That's just absurd. What's even more disturbing is a dude literally replied, "Thanks, found a new farm spot." LOL what?

I also feel like the boss farming is kind of broken. It is literally broken is some regards. Why the **** of all guns, does the Shredifier not have a specific boss to drop from? How the actual **** do you go about getting 1 of these things? The Madhouse is probably broken too. I hear conflicting stories with Mad Dog dropping both the Madhouse and Babymaker. Personally, that's not my experience at all but YMMV of course. Lastly, some legendaries are just flat out harder to come by for NO particular reason. Doc Mercy is the obvious first example and it seems like he's such an obvious choice that I don't want to hear nothing about no anecdotal bs.
#7PensatoPosted 12/1/2012 8:39:51 PM
Aadrian1234 posted...

Not really what he's talking about.
#8CecilPosted 12/1/2012 8:44:08 PM
First games loot system was waaaaay better, there is almost no reason to open a chest in this game, odds are what you are carrying is better, not the case with the first game at all
#9ultimakewlPosted 12/1/2012 9:01:57 PM
i definitely preferred the bl1 system
although i think they could tone it down a little from that

seeing craw literally explode with oranges was a little overkill
if they decreased the drop rate from that to where it was, on average, 2 oranges per kill of a raid boss like craw
i think that would be best
---
im sure i could find more reasons to disregard everything you said as the incoherent ramblings of a 7 year old with no friends but i dont have the time
#10Zero1303Posted 12/1/2012 9:39:53 PM
oranges in this game are like pearls in the first game
---
"My game is like the Pythagorean Theorem; there is no answer." -Shaq