several hours in and kinda bored

#1Kingmichael1337Posted 12/1/2012 11:14:45 PM
thought it would be great since the game was designed with an emphasis on co-op from the start, but the combat feels kinda shallow. i have one power and it has a long ass cooldown, so i don't feel like there's as much of a difference between me and my teammates as in, say, mass effect 3 mp. the enemies don't reeeally seem to behave all that differently either. and it's hard to get into a decent group, and even when i manage to, it sucks that there's like no loot system. playing with randoms was generally easy in ME3 (even when they weren't great) so this is kinda disappointing

does it get better later or should i sell my copy on the internet while i can still make my money back
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#2Zero1303Posted 12/1/2012 11:17:21 PM
tell me more
---
"My game is like the Pythagorean Theorem; there is no answer." -Shaq
#3Kingmichael1337(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 11:22:33 PM
well, if your srs, i'm after the mission where you rescue roland. i pretty much skipped it because the group i got placed into was at the last part. i started the mission after that, but got disconnected 20 minutes later, which kinda blows. also i'm at like level 12 or 13. forgot to mention that
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#4MonoxideHektikPosted 12/1/2012 11:26:00 PM
It doesn't really feel too in depth until you reach like 25 or 30. Then you'll have enough skill points to make choices that matter.
Also the second play through will have you make better decisions as far as character builds and weapons are concerned
---
How is making money be illegal. - JDM_Jev
I am topic killer. GT: Chrizwald---MW3, Rock Band 3
#5lloyd_doblerPosted 12/1/2012 11:26:07 PM
If you're not enjoying it, sell it.
---
Inyuk-chuk!
#6Zero1303Posted 12/1/2012 11:30:00 PM
ok i'll bite.

well firstly, is ME3 really a fair comparison? ME3 MP is an entirely different game from ME3 campaign (horde/objective based co-op). In BL2 MP is integrated w/ campaign. Based on that alone I don't think you should be holding BL2 up to ME3 standards; apples and oranges.

secondly, what exactly do you mean by "lack of a loot system?" my understanding is that this game is all about the loot system, and the arguments that you'll see on this board are about the pros and cons of the loot system, not about a lack thereof.

it's very possible that you just are not a fan of this game. I personally solo this game, exclusively. If multiplayer is what you seek, you need to find a good group, or better yet get some friends to play with you. This board is generally good at hooking players up with one another. Playing with randoms can be a disaster.

ya?
---
#7Kingmichael1337(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 11:33:06 PM
by lack of a loot system, i meant that it's free for all; you don't roll for items like in the average world of warcraft group/raid, or the items don't necessarily go to whoever needs them
---
#8wilmer007Posted 12/1/2012 11:35:20 PM
The game can seem boring at the beginning due to only flesh enemies appearing. Later on the Robots appear and make the game get better as you will have a nice mix of enemies.

ALso why are u playing with randoms, BL is suppose to be played with friends not Randumbs. They will steal your loot and leave you in the dust forcing u to keep going down and dieing. Do yourself a favor and get friends. Also you should have rented the first game to see if you were gonna like the series before investing in a $60 game that you won't know if you would like.

This game is not a MP game it is a solo game with emphasis on playing with friends by doing Co-Op. If you want to play with Randumbs go play a MP shooter like CoD or BF.
---
XBL GT: xXxwilmer007xXx | http://www.youtube.com/user/wilmer007
In CoD you USE Killstreaks, In BF you ARE the Killstreak
#9Zero1303Posted 12/1/2012 11:35:28 PM
Oh ok that makes perfect sense. Yeah that's the thing about multiplayer with random groups. The idea is you should mic up and be able to agree on who takes what as you play, or if you must play w/ randoms maybe solo and grind out some of your own gear so you aren't always worried about who the fastest loot ninja will be.
---
#10Zero1303Posted 12/1/2012 11:40:23 PM
Try pretending it's a solo game or start a different character and see how that works. What char are you using anyways? I am having a great time w/ siren, she has a great power for solo play (and can be tuned as a good MP build) and her cooldown is not long at all. It's a very good game
---