badass rank reset, again for the second time

#1Zayne0zmandePosted 12/2/2012 7:52:30 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one that this has happened to again, and any idea when live is gonna push the patch through?_
---
GT-Zayne Ozmande
#2drake_skullPosted 12/2/2012 7:53:49 PM
When ever MS gets off their lazy butts and finishes certifying it. MS is slow sometimes.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#3SasquatchimoPosted 12/2/2012 7:56:13 PM
I'm on 7 or 8. Don't worry, its going to happen again to you until they patch it.
---
I am dumbfounded at how many people still don't know how to use google or the internet.
#4BugmeatPosted 12/2/2012 7:57:07 PM
Is the cause known? Something that I can avoid doing to make sure it doesn't happen? Or is it one of those seemingly random issues?

---
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth"
#5charon78auPosted 12/2/2012 8:03:35 PM
I haven't had it happen..yet *fingers crossed*.

I remember reading that it had something to do with splitscreen - but then I read that some people got it without playing splitscreen. So I don't know.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#6kekstomPosted 12/2/2012 8:37:51 PM(edited)
problems with corrupted saves. something in your xbox interrupted an auto save and corrupted some files.
you lose all your heads and skins. some people lost their golden keys. some cases, when you get to the character screen after the glitch, your char will say lvl 1 but when u go to select character. all your characters are still there. The patch to fix this will land between the 3rd-7th because its waiting for certification by microsoft and players affected by this will be compensated with 10 golden keys and i think people will get their badass ranks back.
---
It's the internet, no one cares about your opinions.
#7dahorosPosted 12/2/2012 8:52:59 PM
How to reset badass ranks: (obviously don't do this)

1. Play splitscreen with 2 accounts
2. Save and exit game
3. Back out to title screen
4. Player 2 presses start instead of player 1
5 Boom Bang Pow they're all gone

Luckily I never did this. Also there might be multiple ways to reset the rank, I'm not sure.
---
PSN: Dahoros
I AM NOT A MACHINE!
#8AngryOldFeralPosted 12/2/2012 9:46:54 PM
Sasquatchimo posted...
I'm on 7 or 8. Don't worry, its going to happen again to you until they patch it.

qft
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#9PanopictonguyPosted 12/3/2012 12:26:32 AM
dahoros posted...
How to reset badass ranks: (obviously don't do this)

1. Play splitscreen with 2 accounts
2. Save and exit game
3. Back out to title screen
4. Player 2 presses start instead of player 1
5 Boom Bang Pow they're all gone

Luckily I never did this. Also there might be multiple ways to reset the rank, I'm not sure.

Really? Are you 100% sure of this? If it's happening to the sane people repeatedly it had to be hardware related.

When a glitch constantly happens to the same person over and over but didn't happen to someone else who has equal or greater playtime it's weird.

TC if you have a friend with a XB you should ask if they'll swap with you. Then try playing to see what happens.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#10Zayne0zmande(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 12:44:25 AM
And apparently is removes things in your community stash too, maybe unrelated but did happen at the same time. So either another random quirck or that thieving clap-trap strikes again.
---
GT-Zayne Ozmande