Getting bored with BL2

#21bry6trumpPosted 12/3/2012 12:55:39 PM
im bored with bl2 as well..characters are maxed out with legendaries so no reason to play anymore.even the dlc doesnt make it fresh..
#22aekrillinPosted 12/3/2012 1:20:44 PM
LAphoticL posted...
i have all guns, sheilds, grednades, mods, heads
i even farm low llvl legendaries for my characters :p

Haha I feel ya. I don't really care about the heads and skins but the group I play with and I are like 3 guns away (Lyuda, Striker and Boneshredder) from completion minus a few elemental variations here and there and all of us have all 5 characters on 2.5 and at lvl 50. Fortunately I've done all of this without doing a whole lot of the side quests so I still have a lot that I can do but I'm getting close to where you're at for sure.
#23SeepuhPosted 12/5/2012 9:58:14 PM
wilmer007 posted...
You can't play one game for a long time without eventually becoming bored. You have to take a break because if u don't u will get bored much quicker. Go play another game for a little bit so u don't get burned out. I have like 4 games i play so when i start to feel burned out i go play one of the other games then i come back to it like in a few days or weeks.

I wish I could still play Everquest. I never got tired of that game. :)
#24FalloutgenuisPosted 12/5/2012 10:01:02 PM
Get Fallout, it is cheap and fun!
---
Wub!
GT: RAW DJ
#25HyndronPosted 12/5/2012 11:00:36 PM
It's what happens with games. It's unfortunate because your first reaction to getting such an anticipated game was "Awesome! I can't wait to play this all the time and level up and make such an awesome character!" and then weeks/months pass (assuming you played normal mode/true vault hunter mode) and then you don't have anything to do. There always is the DLC, and it's fun and can last for awhile, but then you finish it and then wonder what you can do.

Could start a new character, assuming you are motivated enough to push through the playthroughs again and experience a new action skill with new talents and whatnot.

What I do sometimes, is just play another game. (I kinda sold a majority of my games because I got bored of them and didn't really want to play them again). I saw a few posts earlier in this topic about mixing it up with BL2 and H4, that's what I do. But sometimes I play PC games too, like Portal and TF2 and whatnot. Sometimes all it takes is a new experience with a game on a different platform or a different type of game on the same platform, and it'll make things fun again.

I'm slightly bored of BL2 as well, but I manage through it with farming and powerleveling characters. (Currently have a level 18 soldier that has yet to get Claptrap's eye from Knuckledragger)
#26PanopictonguyPosted 12/5/2012 11:09:04 PM
GujinKami posted...
BL2 didn't have the longevity like its predecessor. Granted, it's the better game, but content-wise, it's lacking. There's no reason or anything to look forward to coming back to the game aside from farming the same boss again and again and again hoping you'll get that 1 orange you really want in that excessive pile of whites and greens.

What reason was there to come back to BL 1?
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#27GujinKamiPosted 12/5/2012 11:19:32 PM

Weapons were a lot more varied, you could have multiple farming paths, and you weren't forced to fight select bosses again and again for select pieces of gear.

That was vanilla at least. Post-DLC it was all CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i47.tinypic.com/op7mvk.jpg http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif
#28Mysticman89Posted 12/5/2012 11:20:13 PM
I'm hoping one of the next two season pass DLC will also include pearlescent-esque rarity stuff that makes orange stuff seem common. It won't help extend the dupe-tastic communities gameplay, but it would be something for the particularly hardcore to work towards.

Legendary gear isn't exactly common, but it's not unreasonable to get one in 'only' a day of farming, so collecting all the legendaries via farming is still only a month or so of gameplay. Add in a full set of pearlescent gear and make it 10 times as rare, and suddenly even the most determined players have almost a years worth of stuff to work towards when/if they feel inclined. (It won't really solve the issue that burnout is a thing, and super rare stuff isn't for everyone, but at least it'd be *something* for the people who have done everything else to spend their time doing.)
#29PanopictonguyPosted 12/6/2012 3:04:15 AM
GujinKami posted...

Weapons were a lot more varied, you could have multiple farming paths, and you weren't forced to fight select bosses again and again for select pieces of gear.

That was vanilla at least. Post-DLC it was all CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW CRAW

Point 1: I disagree
Point 2: I agree
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#30kyle78Posted 12/6/2012 4:24:11 AM
LAphoticL posted...
ssee thats my problem was gonna get halo 4 but friend convinced me to get bl2 which i love but then theyh left for h4 and black ops 2 was like wtf lol

You shouldn't be convinced of anything, are you your own person? Or do you just do what people tell you?
---
Obama care: Punishment for the working class.