So, I just beat Pete for the first time...

#1SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 12/3/2012 4:19:50 AM
Apparently, not only is he now locked out (so I've heard, not had the chance to try), but the seraph crystals obtained from him don't contribute to 'In the Pink'.

That really sucks. I know it's optional, but it would be nice knowing that I wouldn't have to suffer through Gee or Hyperius again to complete some challenges. Pete has been the first raid boss that I actually had fun fighting. That was a good fight.

Does the same apply to buying seraph items? Does it not count towards that challenge if purchased in the Badass crater? That would suck even more; the items in this vendor look pretty decent. The ones in Oasis just suck (bar the relic, and possibly the Evo shield).

Either I give up on those challenges, or I try to put up with the tediusness and bad drop rates of Gee and Hyperius.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#2BojoBlitzPosted 12/3/2012 5:07:45 AM
Yeah, this annoyed me as well. Pete actually drops a decent amount of crystals so I was hoping I could complete the challenge, but nope.

I think the Pete's crystals are bugged too because when I bought a seraph item in Oasis or Crater it didn't give me credit for it in the Shady Dealings challenge
#3R0880Posted 12/3/2012 5:11:54 AM
It will be better when Gee is fixed, and hopefully both Gee and Hyperius will drop more crystals in TVHM after the patch as they will no longer drop them in normal, iirc.
#4deadlyfredPosted 12/3/2012 5:29:14 AM
You can fight him again. As much as you want, actually.

At your Xbox home screen pull your Internet and go into system settings and change your clock to 1-1-2014 (Live fixes this date later on its own so don't worry)

then start playing in offline mode.

Get to Pete.

Start him up and pause immediately.

Put you Internet cord back in and sign in to Live.

Now u can fight him as much as u want
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)