Any massive fans of the first find this game disappointing?

#1BrostachePosted 12/3/2012 9:51:09 AM
I dont know what it is.

I think alot of the enjoyment in the first for me came from the character building aspect. I wanted to try all the different classes and level them up, but in this game the classes felt mostly recycled and there was a large "ive done this already feeling".

after playing through the story, i had no desire to keep playing. After beating it the first time i stopped playing for a couple weeks and only returned to get all the achievements so i could sell the game.

I think this game felt more like a shooter and less like a sandbox RPG for me. It seemed like the emphasis was too much on the story and getting from point A to point B, rather than exploring the environments and leveling. I wish it held your hand less, and instead encouraged you to roam free and explore the areas.

and as such with the story being the driving force, once i had done it all, and heard all the dialogue... there was no desire to do it again.

Just wondering if anyone else felt this way, or maybe me and my friends are just crazy and this is the sequel everyone was hoping for.
#2KroganBallEaterPosted 12/3/2012 9:55:00 AM
I was a massive hater of the first and I found this game to be amazing.
#3MosebysRangersPosted 12/3/2012 10:13:46 AM
I love this game and BL.

However I am massively dissappointed in the loot/reward system in BL2 compared to BL.

However the game is still fun to play solo/co-op.

The MS is good, classes are good and some well designed maps that are fun. It is generally more challenging than BL.

To counter poor loot/reward system you can always get some to help you via trading, giving, duping and/or combination of all three.

The classes alone make the game really fun to play. Other than possibly Axton (whom I haven't played much yet but I played Roland great deal in BL) are different from BL. You can play with them for hours tinkering with various builds including relics, gear etc.

So overall I don't find the game disappointing just the loot/reward system. Still fun to play as long as not opening chest seeing 2-4 green pistols. LOL.
#4SilverosxPosted 12/3/2012 10:13:48 AM
The only thing I'm disappointed with is the fact that I've been locked out of Pyro Pete since November 30.
---
My posts come with muffins. Take only one per post.
Don't flame me, or the muffins will BURN!
#5alexsummers00Posted 12/3/2012 11:23:27 AM
Kinda feel the same way. I mean, the story and characters are all vastly improved from the first game (I especially love the running commentary by Mr Torgue on the DLC) but I too, have to agree that the loot system was more rewarding in BL1.

I mean, being able to open any container and be presented with a purple or yellow gun was the whole crux of the game! It was like playing the slots, for lack of a better metaphor. I have come to despise the farming of bosses for even the remote possibility of a rare drop. And I refuse to participate in the duping of guns. That all but defeats the purpose of playing.

Even more so with the Raid bosses. Why should I be penalized for not wanting to play online with random people? I mean, I have a couple of friends who've purchased the game but for the most part it's difficult to all be on at the same time so why should I not be able to enjoy the full game experience because of that? Other then those couple gripes, I fully love BL2 and have a blast playing it.
#6DrCrawfordPosted 12/3/2012 11:30:11 AM
i feel like the level design in this is more frustrating, and there are way more tedious missions in this
---
shoot the core!
#7TXLonghornsPosted 12/3/2012 11:33:33 AM
I bought, hated, and never finished BL1 which made me rent this game.

I simply cannot get enough of BL2, and even went back to give BL1 another chance due to how great I feel the sequel is.
#8VegetallPosted 12/3/2012 11:35:23 AM
i came to the first game late, well not to late, right after knoxx was released...

and i find this BL2 to be a little better, i dont know if it comes with the age or the lack of funds to buy other games...

but i ONLY played as roland in the first, and moredci for a hot second... but never played lilith or brick...

in 2nd i have all 5 started and 3 at 50....

i only played solo in the first, a few times with a friend...

in the 2nd me and a few friends have started from the beginning to the end, and PL some characters, since playing through the game 4-5 times can get stale...

but the biggest difference for me was the loot, not sure how much duping went on in the 1st game, but i ONLY farmed knoxx chest and craw, and i did both well over 100 times and only ever came away with 3 peralecsents, and 2 of them were the same crappy rose shield...

anyways, safe to say i find this game, very rewarding and alot more fun... again not sure if it was the times when i started, or what, but this for me was far more fun then the 1st, but im still not close to the time i put into the 1st.... though i played through the game and the DLCs 5-6 times
#9atomicbreathPosted 12/3/2012 11:48:19 AM
I liked the first one and I like the 2nd one. I think the best part of both is playing with friends.
---
Fact because it's science. ==============================================
#10MosebysRangersPosted 12/3/2012 12:01:35 PM
Vegetall posted...
i came to the first game late, well not to late, right after knoxx was released...

and i find this BL2 to be a little better, i dont know if it comes with the age or the lack of funds to buy other games...

but i ONLY played as roland in the first, and moredci for a hot second... but never played lilith or brick...

in 2nd i have all 5 started and 3 at 50....

i only played solo in the first, a few times with a friend...

in the 2nd me and a few friends have started from the beginning to the end, and PL some characters, since playing through the game 4-5 times can get stale...

but the biggest difference for me was the loot, not sure how much duping went on in the 1st game, but i ONLY farmed knoxx chest and craw, and i did both well over 100 times and only ever came away with 3 peralecsents, and 2 of them were the same crappy rose shield...

anyways, safe to say i find this game, very rewarding and alot more fun... again not sure if it was the times when i started, or what, but this for me was far more fun then the 1st, but im still not close to the time i put into the 1st.... though i played through the game and the DLCs 5-6 times

Duping occurred in BL but I remember correctly it was pretty much limited to modded gear (modded as in actually infinite ammo, damage etc). People didnt even trade much simply because people had personal preferences as to MFG's than what stats and/or effects they were looking for. Although Pearlescents were prized by many it did not necessarily mean they were always the best weapons. You truly could find a blue that you kept for a long time because it was so unique. Also because you could back pack more stuff and than use Moxxi storage you kept an eye for what people were looking for. Kept these items. As soon as they came on joined there game and flat out gave the stuff to them and let them decide also if was what they wanted.

Also because chests and vending machines provided very good stuff one just farmed em without even necessarily as tedious but just insuring you checked everything as you went from area to area.

Last but not least if you just wanted to keep it simple. Get friends go kill Cramerax or loot General Knoxx armory. These two places would drop more good loot than you could shake a stick at and have everybody finding/sharing something they could use.