Why so many pistols?

#1fakesnoop77Posted 12/3/2012 9:27:49 AM
Having played through 4 times with 2 different characters, one thing really sticks in my mind.....

Nearly every chest I open seems to be littered with green pistols?

Why so many? Anyone else think this?
---
GT = Fakesnoop77
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#2MosebysRangersPosted 12/3/2012 9:34:00 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
Having played through 4 times with 2 different characters, one thing really sticks in my mind.....

Nearly every chest I open seems to be littered with green pistols?

Why so many? Anyone else think this?

Because the developers wanted to keep the game challenging so they took out the random part in of the item creation formula they had in BL that allowed for a wide variety of stuff to be created the moment a chest open.

By making boss fights and quest completion the primary creator of unique items.

The only reason I can think that the green pistols come most frequently is they wanted the color green to remind you how much you spent on the game. Pistols to represent shooting yourself in the head to kind of matching game cover and shooting yourself in the head for still opening chests expecting something different.
#3supeMACHPosted 12/3/2012 9:35:43 AM
I think it has to do with whatever weapon you are using. Does it seem like all you destroy enemies with is pistols? If so, then you will receive pistol upgrades.
#4iwishPosted 12/3/2012 9:46:58 AM
It's just the way chests work. There's a post on the Gearbox forums where some guy opened a red chest 10,000 times and recorded the results. He had something like 30% of what he got out of the chest to be pistols.

I don't know why, but Gearbox must think we really want pistols. IMO it's just another slight nerf to the loot players get compared to BL1.
---
The original