Shock Damage Relic - What does it increase?

#11ZardoZsaysPosted 12/4/2012 6:35:37 AM
Tuff726 posted...
I'll try it again when I get home. I was testing it in combat... Maybe I'll just do the dummy.

Stop thinking so much!

Shock
Bonus vs shields
no bonus vs no shield

The relic increases the chance to electic DOT the target and increases the damage for that DOT, so on the majority of shots you will see no bonus as most shots do not cause electrocution. Test it with a thunderball fist pistol which electocutes on every shot.

Long story short, it's a pretty worthless relic.
#12Tuff726(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 6:35:39 AM
Xolace posted...
Tuff726 posted...
I'll try it again when I get home. I was testing it in combat... Maybe I'll just do the dummy.

I've never had an instance where the 30% damage Relic outdid the 30% Shock one. At least not on my Mechromancer.

I am currently using ~6500 damage plasma casters. I shot an enemy that currently had no shields. With the Shock relic I dealt ~15k. With the SMG relic I dealt ~20k.

WITH Shields however, the Shock relic shot dealt ~50k while the SMG dealt ~35k.

Since most enemies have shields, I see the useof the Shock relic (especially with a Shock Mechromancer build). But against non shielded enemies, it doesn't seem to have any effect.
#13XolacePosted 12/4/2012 7:20:40 AM
ZardoZsays posted...
Tuff726 posted...

Stop thinking so much!

Shock
Bonus vs shields
no bonus vs no shield

The relic increases the chance to electic DOT the target and increases the damage for that DOT, so on the majority of shots you will see no bonus as most shots do not cause electrocution. Test it with a thunderball fist pistol which electocutes on every shot.

This is wrong. It does effect shot damage with guns. My Mechromancer has nearly all Plasma type guns on her and there is a noteable difference in gun damage not just DOT.

As I said before, on my Mechromancer when I've tested weapon specific 30% damage vs the Shock 30% the Shock always wins out when using Plasma type weapons.

I haven't tested it with non-plasma type weapons but I'll see if that's any different (I believe the results may be the opposite.)
#14MosebysRangersPosted 12/4/2012 7:41:02 AM
Xolace posted...
Tuff726 posted...

I've never had an instance where the 30% damage Relic outdid the 30% Shock one. At least not on my Mechromancer.

Nice board. At work but can some one also tell me the difference in MFG acc recovery, cooldown rate and overide cooldown. Which is better when it comes down to cooldown of primary skill. I really have tried timing all three and don't significant differences.
#15Tuff726(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 7:50:51 AM
ZardoZsays posted...
Tuff726 posted...

Stop thinking so much!

Shock
Bonus vs shields
no bonus vs no shield

I need to do some more testing. I think it still increased the damage of Shock weapons, but only when an enemy has a shield active.
#16LaharPosted 12/4/2012 8:29:32 AM
I was testing a shock damage relic together with and separately from a Shock Trooper mod, which had an electrocute damage bonus and shock damage resistance. I took shock damage to be the gun damage, since it would have said electrocute damage if it meant DoT.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#17XolacePosted 12/4/2012 9:25:14 AM
Just tested it on Bullymongs. The Shock Relic still does more damage.
#18Tuff726(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:47:22 AM
Xolace posted...
Just tested it on Bullymongs. The Shock Relic still does more damage.

Just tested it on skags and I concur. I tested it on the dummy and you were also correct.

So when I first had issues occur was in Hero's Pass. I noticed that some of the hyperion humanoid enemies were taking ~20k damage with the smg relic and ~15k with the shock. But maybe it had something to do with the splash, or maybe I am just crazy.

Can anyone confirm if they have minor shock resistance or if they have any means of damage reduction?
#19PanopictonguyPosted 12/5/2012 11:11:25 AM(edited)
Casters do significantly more damage than normal smgs. Maybe you should test with a regular smg. Or use the mechromancers reload skill.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#20MosebysRangersPosted 12/5/2012 12:11:29 PM
Go power level somebody and use dipstick whoops mean Fleshstick.

I was powerleveling somebody else last night using my siren different weapons. Even than there are variations to the amount damage with the same thing done repetively. Not sure but distance to target appears effect things, body shots vs criticals etc.

So go try it on Fleshstick to run some tests as an suggestion.