best commando builds?

#1rome332Posted 12/4/2012 12:52:30 AM
im not sure if i want to focus all on the turret or all in offence, or even a mix of both. What do you guys recommend?
---
I just let go a solid snake in my bathroom and it broke my metal gear...
#2KingRaven42Posted 12/4/2012 12:54:55 AM
Explosive Axton build is extremely fun :) basically take as much explosive/grenade damage buffs as you can, get some good explosive weapons (DP unkempt harold, ravager, kerblaster...) and go blow stuff up!
---
GT: KingRaven42
#3rome332(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 1:10:27 AM
not really into that
---
I just let go a solid snake in my bathroom and it broke my metal gear...
#4WandymanPosted 12/4/2012 1:36:24 AM
rome332 posted...
not really into that

That's why you should clue us in on what you're most interested in.I also play with an explosive build and its awesome!
---
GT: Buddhasmash83
#5Fre-DOMOPosted 12/4/2012 1:43:10 AM
Best commando build is subjected to different opinion. I'll simply share what suits me the most.

Personally, I like to play defensively because, yeah, dying is bad, and reduces team efficiency in co-op. My theory is that the more time I spend not taking cover to heal, the more time I get to pump leads into enemies.

My build uses twin rocket turrents to kill things+soak up damages+act as decoy. They are reliable even on PT2.5. All the health/shield buff belong to Guerrilla and Survival tree, and we'll divide our points between the two. Towards the end, we want to create a commando with high survivability while dealing large and sustained damage at the same time.

Guerrilla:
Sentry 5
Willing 5
Able 5
Scorched Earth 1

By this point, your rockets can deal so much damage already that we can safely move on. Tier 4, 5 and other perks don't offer enough for me to continue getting Double Up

Survivable:
Healthy 5
Preparation 5
Pressure 5
Quick Charge 5
Phalanx Shield 1
Resourceful 5
Gemini 1

Twice the rockets, twice the fun. Two turrents with shield don't get wrecked as easily. as one. Plus heaps of survivability.

You still have 2 points left to spend anywhere you see fit.

Hope this helps
#6xHuckleberryPosted 12/4/2012 5:05:24 AM
Fre-DOMO posted...
Best commando build is subjected to different opinion. I'll simply share what suits me the most.

Personally, I like to play defensively because, yeah, dying is bad, and reduces team efficiency in co-op. My theory is that the more time I spend not taking cover to heal, the more time I get to pump leads into enemies.

My build uses twin rocket turrents to kill things+soak up damages+act as decoy. They are reliable even on PT2.5. All the health/shield buff belong to Guerrilla and Survival tree, and we'll divide our points between the two. Towards the end, we want to create a commando with high survivability while dealing large and sustained damage at the same time.

Guerrilla:
Sentry 5
Willing 5
Able 5
Scorched Earth 1

By this point, your rockets can deal so much damage already that we can safely move on. Tier 4, 5 and other perks don't offer enough for me to continue getting Double Up

Survivable:
Healthy 5
Preparation 5
Pressure 5
Quick Charge 5
Phalanx Shield 1
Resourceful 5
Gemini 1

Twice the rockets, twice the fun. Two turrents with shield don't get wrecked as easily. as one. Plus heaps of survivability.

You still have 2 points left to spend anywhere you see fit.

Hope this helps

Use a Rubi and you dont need any of that for survivability.
#7SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 12/4/2012 5:09:10 AM
Wandyman posted...
rome332 posted...
not really into that

That's why you should clue us in on what you're most interested in.I also play with an explosive build and its awesome!

This.

It's a little annoying when someone asks for an opinion, but then disagrees with the opinion given. Should probably specify what you're after, TC. No-one likes to play guessing games.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#8Mr_PopelPosted 12/4/2012 7:40:21 AM
KingRaven42 posted...
Explosive Axton build is extremely fun :) basically take as much explosive/grenade damage buffs as you can, get some good explosive weapons (DP unkempt harold, ravager, kerblaster...) and go blow stuff up!

My build's also explosive ... actually quite fun esp. that longbow grenade nuke turret :-p ... i tend to use that thing more like a grenade tbh ... along with a few survivability perks

... not sure how effective that build is in pt.2.5 though.
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D