I'm tired of waiting on the bee nerf!

#21FungumPosted 12/5/2012 11:04:38 AM
StormWolf12 posted...
Fungum posted...
The Bee has always functioned as it should. Did they make it too powerful/overpowered? That's up the individual person.
MP with randoms has never been fun.
The game is hardly broken.

2/10 for making me reply.

The developers have said it does not function as intended, and have already patched it on PC. It's not up to the individual person to decide, everyone knows it's broken.

Except for they haven't. And it is.
#22Kpt_KapowskiPosted 12/5/2012 11:06:34 AM
drake_skull posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
drake_skull posted...
@ Fungum No, Amp damage doesnt seem like it was intended to apply to Tediore Reloads, that is obviously broken, it does not apply to grenades. They did not design Terra to be taken down in 10 seconds either.

last i checked, tediore guns all shoot bullets. amp damage works with bullets. why should tediore guns be any different?

EXPLOSIONS NOT BULLETS. The reload is a grenade explosion. Amp damage does not apply to grenades. Since your not firing the bullets they shouldn't get the amp damage.

using caps won't change my opinion, bro.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 8-4
#23drake_skullPosted 12/5/2012 11:09:27 AM
Tediore reloads do not shoot. They explode like a grenade. It seemed you had a bit of trouble with reading comprehension so I went all Mr Torgue for a second. Grenades do not get amp damage, only bullets and Rockets, projectiles, and since there is no projectile in a Tediore Reload its a glitch that the bonus damage from the bullets get amp damage for every bullet in the mag.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#24MrImpatient35Posted 12/5/2012 11:10:55 AM
8luedevil posted...
Why do you care? It is not as if players can use it on you and make it unfair that way. It is not as if it is a competition as to who can kill a boss the fastest and if you do not like the bee then simply do not use it!

It all seems silly to me all the demand for nerfing the shield that only affects your game play if you are the one wearing it.

Just one players opinion

I totally agree. If you don't like it, or feel it's unfair, the solution is simple...don't use it.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#25StormWolf12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:18:08 AM(edited)
Fungum posted...
StormWolf12 posted...
The developers have said it does not function as intended, and have already patched it on PC. It's not up to the individual person to decide, everyone knows it's broken.

Except for they haven't. And it is.

Anthony Burch
For me, the fun of Borderlands comes in finding a particular weapon or item build that works for you -- of doing a bit of work to spec your skills, shield, grenade, and weapon just perfectly so that you (A) turn into a one-person -slaughterhouse and (B) feel a significant sense of accomplishment because of how smart you were to be able to do so.
The problem with the bee/CC combo was that it removed all thought or creativity from creating a build -- you just got those two items, and then the game was done. They were the Best Items In The Game, which, generally, there should not be in Borderlands -- everyone should be able to take any particular weapon or skill and build with it in such a way that it becomes awesome.

Matt Armstrong
I am one of the people responsible.
The Bee shield was straight up broken. We like it when players find ways to bend the rules and find cool combinations we haven't thought of. That is fundamental to the game. But when we are building DLCs that are balanced entirely based around a single build and a single shield, we've lost what makes the game cool.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/13y3y0/iama_anthony_burch_lead_writer_of_borderlands_2/c78gfmz?context=3

PC Patch Notes
Update v1.2.0
(Released 11/13/2012)

- Fixed bug causing Tediore reloads to get Amplify shield damage bonuses for each round remaining in the clip.
- Amplify damage from Amplify Shields is now divided among all projectiles fired from a single shot.
- Balance adjustments to "The Bee":

- Increased Recharge Delay
- Significantly increased Recharge Rate
- Reduced Amplify damage

Please, feel free to be wrong some more.
#26StormWolf12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:15:53 AM
and1ballr posted...
8luedevil posted...
Why do you care? It is not as if players can use it on you and make it unfair that way. It is not as if it is a competition as to who can kill a boss the fastest and if you do not like the bee then simply do not use it!

It all seems silly to me all the demand for nerfing the shield that only affects your game play if you are the one wearing it.

Just one players opinion

I totally agree. If you don't like it, or feel it's unfair, the solution is simple...don't use it.

I'd like to use it, when it functions properly.
#27kidwgmPosted 12/5/2012 11:33:50 AM
and1ballr posted...
8luedevil posted...

Just one players opinion

This. Anyone else complaining of the contrarily are just whining and crying.
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
#28StormWolf12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:35:42 AM
kidwgm posted...
and1ballr posted...
8luedevil posted...

Just one players opinion

This. Anyone else complaining of the contrarily are just whining and crying.

Not quite.
#29Kpt_KapowskiPosted 12/5/2012 12:38:17 PM
drake_skull posted...
Tediore reloads do not shoot. They explode like a grenade. It seemed you had a bit of trouble with reading comprehension so I went all Mr Torgue for a second. Grenades do not get amp damage, only bullets and Rockets, projectiles, and since there is no projectile in a Tediore Reload its a glitch that the bonus damage from the bullets get amp damage for every bullet in the mag.

You make me laugh. I'm tagging you as "irrationally angry guy".
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 8-4
#30xHuckleberryPosted 12/5/2012 12:47:04 PM
shnangyboos posted...
Don't you mod the game?

He uses save editors cause he doesnt like broken games. Duh.