I'm tired of waiting on the bee nerf!

#31drake_skullPosted 12/5/2012 1:57:58 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
drake_skull posted...
Tediore reloads do not shoot. They explode like a grenade. It seemed you had a bit of trouble with reading comprehension so I went all Mr Torgue for a second. Grenades do not get amp damage, only bullets and Rockets, projectiles, and since there is no projectile in a Tediore Reload its a glitch that the bonus damage from the bullets get amp damage for every bullet in the mag.

You make me laugh. I'm tagging you as "irrationally angry guy".

How is it irrational to know that a grenade explosion is not the same thing as a bullet?
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#32PensatoPosted 12/5/2012 2:04:42 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
drake_skull posted...
@ Fungum No, Amp damage doesnt seem like it was intended to apply to Tediore Reloads, that is obviously broken, it does not apply to grenades. They did not design Terra to be taken down in 10 seconds either.

last i checked, tediore guns all shoot bullets. amp damage works with bullets. why should tediore guns be any different?

Do you even play this game?

Anyways, the Bee nerf isn't to the Tediore reloads or multi-bullet guns. That was an obvious oversight that needed fixing. It was to the Bee's stats which wasn't needed. Sure the Bee was slightly op in Sal and Axton's hands but it was fine with Maya and Zer0 as is. The problem is that balancing any game ends in a cluster**** which more often ruins a game than improves it. Coupled with the fact Gearbox doesn't know wtf they are doing, their so called balancing will most likely get out of hand.
#33drake_skullPosted 12/5/2012 2:08:35 PM
Pensato posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
drake_skull posted...
@ Fungum No, Amp damage doesnt seem like it was intended to apply to Tediore Reloads, that is obviously broken, it does not apply to grenades. They did not design Terra to be taken down in 10 seconds either.

last i checked, tediore guns all shoot bullets. amp damage works with bullets. why should tediore guns be any different?

Anyways, the Bee nerf isn't to the Tediore reloads or multi-bullet guns. That was an obvious oversight that needed fixing. It was to the Bee's stats which wasn't needed. Sure the Bee was slightly op in Sal and Axton's hands but it was fine with Maya and Zer0 as is. The problem is that balancing any game ends in a cluster**** which more often ruins a game than improves it. Coupled with the fact Gearbox doesn't know wtf they are doing, their so called balancing will most likely get out of hand.

I specified Amp Damage, the update that will nerf the Bee includes the fix for the Amp Damage being included in Tediore Reloads. Shooting a gun =/= reloading a gun/thowing a grenade. Amp damage is supposed to trigger when you shoot a gun.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
#34PensatoPosted 12/5/2012 2:32:44 PM
drake_skull posted...
Pensato posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
drake_skull posted...

I specified Amp Damage, the update that will nerf the Bee includes the fix for the Amp Damage being included in Tediore Reloads. Shooting a gun =/= reloading a gun/thowing a grenade. Amp damage is supposed to trigger when you shoot a gun.

I'm not questioning your understanding of the game mechanics. I agree with what you'er saying which is why I questioned Kapowski about his lack of knowledge of basic game mechanics.

No my statement about the Bee nerf is that most people don't understand what a nerf is. People focus too much on how the Amp damage was applied to multi-bullet guns (CC) or Tediore reloads. That's not a nerf. It was a fixed to Gearboxes derpness. The nerf was to the Bee's stats which Gearbox obviously thought were fine till a bunch of crybabies whinnied about it over and over. That statement itself isn't addressed to anyone in particular.
#35Kpt_KapowskiPosted 12/5/2012 2:36:21 PM
so tell me: what is the damage from tediore reloads based on?
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 8-4
#36drake_skullPosted 12/5/2012 2:43:41 PM
Its based on how much ammo is left in the gun but the important fact here is right in the white text "Explodes like a grenade when reloaded". Does not mean the shots are fired, they just boost the explosion a bit, like pouring gunpowder on TNT then lighting the fuse. Amp shields read "When fully charged, next weapon shot deals bonus Amp damage" so, how is throwing a grenade or reloading a gun a shot? The damage should not be applied to the reload damage based on those two descriptions. Not hard to figure out even supported by the devs saying it is a glitch.
---
#37TsurukePosted 12/5/2012 2:59:46 PM
The way I look at it:
The Bee (now) = a Crutch
The Bee (as it was intended) = a Shield

Yea its broken, but as a legitimate player I won't say I don't have fun using it from time to time (only when farming, serious battle is a different story). Sometime breaking the game (Legitimately, by way of glitches and not mods) is fun.

But that is just my personal view on the topic at hand. I'm sure others might disagree but that is the beauty of it. lol
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#38TsurukePosted 12/5/2012 3:09:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#39Kpt_KapowskiPosted 12/5/2012 3:39:26 PM
drake_skull posted...
Its based on how much ammo is left in the gun but the important fact here is right in the white text "Explodes like a grenade when reloaded". Does not mean the shots are fired, they just boost the explosion a bit, like pouring gunpowder on TNT then lighting the fuse. Amp shields read "When fully charged, next weapon shot deals bonus Amp damage" so, how is throwing a grenade or reloading a gun a shot? The damage should not be applied to the reload damage based on those two descriptions. Not hard to figure out even supported by the devs saying it is a glitch.

Oh they just boost it a bit, huh? If the shots left don't matter much, why is every noob running around with a 70/30 relic?

Lawl.

And of course GBX is gonna claim its a glitch. Too many people whined about it for them to say it was intentional.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 8-4
#40drake_skullPosted 12/5/2012 3:45:20 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
drake_skull posted...

Oh they just boost it a bit, huh? If the shots left don't matter much, why is every noob running around with a 70/30 relic?

Lawl.

And of course GBX is gonna claim its a glitch. Too many people whined about it for them to say it was intentional.

Because they are exploiting the bee shield with the baby maker.

Here is a simple one, please tell me where the "Shot" part of the Tediore reload occurs, since the amp shields do specify that a shot must occur for the amp effect to kick in.
---