Wanting some opinions...

#1mu695Posted 12/5/2012 2:32:03 PM
C/D:

"The Two-fer Maggie makes all none-Unique, E-tech or Legendary shotguns redundant."

"The Infinity makes all none-Unique, E-tech or Legendary Combat Rifles and SMGs redundant."

"The Baby Maker makes all none-Unique, E-tech or Legendary Teidore weapons redundant."

"You have no reason to use a Hyperion Sniper Rifle over equivalent Sniper Rifles from different companies."

"When compared to the other classes, the Siren (Maya)'s only worthwhile use is as a medic"

"The Meteor Shower makes the Bonus Package redundant."

...might edit a few more in when they come back to mind.
---
GT: dark reaper 175
That guy who duped everyone 600 million on Fable 2.
#2killbot357Posted 12/5/2012 2:46:49 PM
"When compared to the other classes, the Siren (Maya)'s only worthwhile use is as a medic"

haha what

you're doing it wrong
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls, XCom: Enemy Unknown, Borderlands 2
#3BigSai29Posted 12/5/2012 2:48:01 PM
Strong disagree with Maya. She's bad at solo'ing Raid bosses compared to some of the others, but I find her to be great at wrecking regular mobs. I think she hold her own pretty well vs. Pyro Pete too with Ruin.
#4jreed1337Posted 12/5/2012 2:51:56 PM
"You have no reason to use a Hyperion Sniper Rifle over equivalent Sniper Rifles from different companies."

agreed. Hyperion Sniper rifles are awful compared to Maliwan or Jacobs.
---
1+3+3=7
#5C_Dub7Posted 12/5/2012 3:21:29 PM(edited)
Man, **** yo opinions, *****. You know why I use dat Hyperion sniper, son? Because dat **** is solid gold, *****. Dat **** is solid, m****f*****' gold, *****. Get da **** outta here wit dat "pointless to use compared to other manufacturers" bull****.

Man, dat's why you ain't gettin' no *****. Because you be doin' all dat functionality ****. When I'm ready to get up in dat ass wit my Hyperion sniper, all dem *****-ass bandits be blinded by all dat gold n **** I got. *****, I got gold heat. Gold heat. Can't say dat **** with nothin' else. So get da **** outta here with dat ****, *****.
---
"YOU'RE IN THE TORGUE ZONE, BABY! IF YOU AREN'T MADE OF GASOLINE, METAL, OR BACON, GET THE **** OUT!" - Mr. Torgue
www.youtube.com/CDubxVRex
#6jreed1337Posted 12/5/2012 3:07:25 PM
C_Dub7 posted...
Man, **** yo opinions, *****. You know why I use dat Hyperion sniper, son? Because dat **** is solid gold, ****. Dat **** is solid, m****f*****' gold, *****. Get da **** outta here wit dat "pointless to use compared to other manufacturers" bull****.

Man, dat's why you ain't gettin' no *****. Because you be doin' all dat functionality ****. When I'm ready to get up in dat ass wit my Hyperion sniper, all dem *****-ass bandits be blinded by all dat gold n **** I got. *****, I got gold heat. Gold heat. Can't say dat **** with nothin' else. So get da **** outta here with dat ****, *****.

and with this statement, my hopes for humanity have faded into nothing.
---
1+3+3=7
#7mu695(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 3:11:59 PM
While I won't aruge about if Maya is good or not in certain respects (every class is good in general), I think it's unavoidable that whatever she can do (other than be a medic), other classes can do better.
---
GT: dark reaper 175
That guy who duped everyone 600 million on Fable 2.
#8capnovanPosted 12/5/2012 3:31:12 PM
mu695 posted...
While I won't argue about if Maya is good or not in certain respects (every class is good in general), I think it's unavoidable that whatever she can do (other than be a medic), other classes can do better.

other classes can make bullets ricochet 100% of the time with 100% damage done to enemies hit? Interesting.

other classes can control mobs without the use of a singularity grenade? Interesting.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#9TsurukePosted 12/5/2012 3:42:54 PM(edited)
I beg to differ:

"The Two-fer Maggie makes all none-Unique, E-tech or Legendary shotguns redundant." I wouldn't say that, I love using the Maggie and the Blockhead

"The Infinity makes all none-Unique, E-tech or Legendary Combat Rifles and SMGs redundant." I Disagree to the fact that I use the Scorpion and the Slagga along side with the Infinity. Maybe with the Assassin and a certain class mod, I might agree.

"The Baby Maker makes all none-Unique, E-tech or Legendary Teidore weapons redundant." Same again, the Blockhead Tediore Shotgun is a personal favorite, but I like using the Babymaker and the Slagga as well

"You have no reason to use a Hyperion Sniper Rifle over equivalent Sniper Rifles from different companies." I might have to agree as I only use Jakobs Sniper Rifle (Skullsmasher and Cobra)

"When compared to the other classes, the Siren (Maya)'s only worthwhile use is as a medic"As a Team Medic? Yes, but Solo Medic, I have no problems with the 'Blood of the Searphs' Relic with certain skills and class mods for my Assassin

"The Meteor Shower makes the Bonus Package redundant."
Possibly, Haven't used it yet but heard and seen it around

EDIT: Ah, just noticed on most of them you said "none-unique" disregard to the ones I have stated about the Rare-unique ones -- legendaries still apply. My apologies.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#10MaltangsPosted 12/5/2012 3:43:45 PM
I disagree with the 2fer maggie making shotguns redundant, e.g. Captain Blade's orphan maker. When used with my mechromancer this shotgun's single shot and fast reload allow me to do massive AoE shock damage. I use the maggie as a back-up and to trigger discord, but it can't bring the pain like the orphan maker does with my build.