Tortoise Shield Only Recharges WHILE Reloading?

#1Tuff726Posted 12/6/2012 6:18:51 AM
So I found an awesome Fabled Tortoise shield last night. To try it out, I wet up against Terramorphus. The shield ended up helping me to beat him, so overall I can't complain.

However... I noticed that the shield would only recharge while my gun was reloading.
Before I explain further, here are the stats:
161k Capacity
14k Recharge Rate
2.04 Delay
-28k Health

So Terramorphus would spawn, take a few swings at me and knock me shield down 40k+ per swing (at least 80k in total). This whole time, I am shooting at him with my Shock CC. He then does his usual going below ground. I had still had a few in my clip so I activate Discord by reloading. While reloading, the shield starts charging. However, once the CC is reloaded, the shield just stopped charging at 135k and Terramorphus was still in the ground. This proceeded to happen multiple time during the fight, but that is probably the best example I can remember in detail.

Also, upon equipping the shield there does not seem to be any issues. The shield charges to full without incident.
#2Psycho_PansyPosted 12/6/2012 7:46:55 AM
I think it may be something eith the terramorphus battle not the shield itself. I had similiar problems i eould use bee shield and random vladof pistol against terra, and my shield wouldsomethimes hen my shield goes does it recharges and gets to half way and stop, i didnt get hit by any thing again, and would not recharge again. I unequiped then reequiped it to the solve problem. Ive never had that problem anywhere else. Ive used tortoise once and it worked normally for me. I dont use it cus its garbage, slow move means i cant dodge and the bosses like terra sometime have attacks that do percent damage not constant damage, example ive had a lvl 1 survive an attack from terra, did 82 damage to the lvl 1
---
GamerTag: TerdMuncherX
#3Krumpus299Posted 12/6/2012 8:16:48 AM
Yeah, something's messed up with the Terry fight

Those tremors (which deal no damage) halt shield regen and activate 'damage recieved' skills
---
- XBL Gamertag: Scotti15, Deadinmysights3
#4Tuff726(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:39:42 AM
Krumpus299 posted...
Yeah, something's messed up with the Terry fight

Those tremors (which deal no damage) halt shield regen and activate 'damage recieved' skills

Makes sense. So the reloading thing was just a concidence since I usually reload while he is under.