Modding/Modded items to be patched...verified by randy pitchford

#1wutsthatsmellPosted 12/6/2012 2:56:59 PM
"sigh" kinda sad to hear that news, I even had alittle chat with him on twitter but he and a few others agree that modding makes borderlands 2 less fun for others. I don't see how in a sense if the modding wasn't to extravagent like a 2 billion damage rocket launcher or something. it's kinda like someone asking you if you want chocolate or vanilla icecream. and you reply "can I have vanilla chocolate swirl?" and they say "NO! one or the other that's all". kinda boring to only have things one way all the time. im sure we like to add things to spice up stuff.
---
XBL Gamertag:Wutsthatsmell
#2Kpt_KapowskiPosted 12/6/2012 3:00:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Kpt_KapowskiPosted 12/6/2012 3:00:46 PM
If the modders kept their mods to themselves instead of handing them out like candy, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

And if the people you gave them to didn't immediately dupe them for all their friends it wouldn't be such a big deal.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 8-4
#4killbot357Posted 12/6/2012 3:02:16 PM
It's probably more like the people who developed a product don't want it to be abused by a handful of people and potentially ruin the experiences (and thus Gearbox' profits) of everyone else.

graveyard.sav wouldn't have been a thing if it wasn't for modders, and that's the thing Gearbox is interested in stopping, not you experimenting with crazy rocket launchers.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls, XCom: Enemy Unknown, Borderlands 2
#5killbot357Posted 12/6/2012 3:02:24 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6SasquatchimoPosted 12/6/2012 3:04:03 PM
Well the good news is it will probably take them 6 months to a year to patch it going by their current patching speeds!
---
I am dumbfounded at how many people still don't know how to use google or the internet.
#7Kpt_KapowskiPosted 12/6/2012 3:04:51 PM
Lotso' double posting up in here.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 8-4
#8wutsthatsmell(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 3:09:00 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
If the modders kept their mods to themselves instead of handing them out like candy, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

And if the people you gave them to didn't immediately dupe them for all their friends it wouldn't be such a big deal.

then one persons actions is the fault of many is what your saying. the same could be said about alot of things. if you dupe items for one person he will go on and dup it for multiple others too. so in essense more than 75% of gamers on borderlands 2 have violated the terms and agreement of XBL and should be banned thus causing a massive loss in sales towards gearbox and microsoft. anyone that becomes banned off XBL may move on to PS3.
---
#9ZigaTzPosted 12/6/2012 3:09:30 PM
So?
---
Ever notice how Cid from FF8 looks like Robin Williams? http://z6.invisionfree.com/The_NonSnakers_Clan/index.php?
#10wutsthatsmell(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 3:14:18 PM
Sasquatchimo posted...
Well the good news is it will probably take them 6 months to a year to patch it going by their current patching speeds!

possible not because it was either his wife or relative that stumbled upon the "MODDED" item and showed it too randy pitchford so he may step it up abit for his wife/relative that plays borderlands 2. the funny things about borderlands 2 is it has gone down with gameplay alot because there are only so many good items in the game after that...your just basically waiting for the next new item or weapon to come out on a dlc which could be months. so yeah, modders did kinda make weapons that made you wanna go "Hey let me see that!" or "Wow can I one?!" in which caused people to wanna keep playing borderlands 2 because they like the new items/weapons they got.but thats my IMO
---