Modding/Modded items to be patched...verified by randy pitchford

#31keiththeWOLFPosted 12/6/2012 5:36:08 PM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...
strange...gay people just want to be gay. but some straight people, who arent gay, make life total h&ll for these people. what 2 or 3 dudes or chicks do in their home- where ever it may be (we will say idaho)- has ZERO effect on a "straight gay-bashing" couple who live in maine. wouldnt you agree?- so basically, unless you are a total control freak, homophobe, or ignorant hate mongerer, there would be no reason to make these peoples business/lifestyle any concern of yours unless it is to interfere and control them to YOUR own personal satisfaction...which would make you someone who really doesnt belong on earth among us. youd factually be a selfish, self centered, self obsessed control freak. youre basically saying other peoples freedoms are yours to own and control.

right?

dont like the tv..turn it off.
dont like that song...switch the station.
dont like that book..dont read it.
dont want that stupid video game item...dont pick it up

but please shut up and leave the rest of us alone. you have a choice. dont take away our choices because you dont like them...its really none of your business. go play your game and leave us alone...please.

you guys are little tattle-tales. "im gonna tell randy on you"
at least use your energy to go stand for something noble, that might actually help the planet. crying over a colored gun in a video game...way to go.

You said it better than I could.
---
PSN: Keith_Wolf
GT: Keith Wolf
#32starlin17Posted 12/6/2012 5:50:04 PM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...
strange...gay people just want to be gay. but some straight people, who arent gay, make life total h&ll for these people. what 2 or 3 dudes or chicks do in their home- where ever it may be (we will say idaho)- has ZERO effect on a "straight gay-bashing" couple who live in maine. wouldnt you agree?- so basically, unless you are a total control freak, homophobe, or ignorant hate mongerer, there would be no reason to make these peoples business/lifestyle any concern of yours unless it is to interfere and control them to YOUR own personal satisfaction...which would make you someone who really doesnt belong on earth among us. youd factually be a selfish, self centered, self obsessed control freak. youre basically saying other peoples freedoms are yours to own and control.

right?

but please shut up and leave the rest of us alone. you have a choice. dont take away our choices because you dont like them...its really none of your business. go play your game and leave us alone...please.

at least use your energy to go stand for something noble, that might actually help the planet. crying over a colored gun in a video game...way to go.

Do some research on the gravyard.sav problem. In your example that would be like a gay couple and a straight couple walk into a store. One of the gays have aids. Suddenly, because they all walk into the same store they all have aids. Poor analogy man.
---
xbox GT: StarlinX
#33OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 12/6/2012 5:51:03 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...

right?

Shut up

thats all you got? "shut up"
i was right then--people like you dont have a leg to stand on except their own selfish motives. good job. and HAHAHAHAHAHA is even more intelligable. go team go. im glad you feel that you are so powerful that you can dictate terms for others...with strong phrases like HAHAHA...
#34OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 12/6/2012 5:55:47 PM
"Do some research on the gravyard.sav problem. In your example that would be like a gay couple and a straight couple walk into a store. One of the gays have aids. Suddenly, because they all walk into the same store they all have aids. Poor analogy man"

umm..not really. more like someone catching a cold..because that got fixed... i never had that glitch myself. so- sorry for the loss of your family.
a glitch isnt a choice. its a glitch. picking something up off the ground is your choice. items dont glitch into peoples games... i never had random things show up in my safe/back-pack. try again.
#35starlin17Posted 12/6/2012 6:02:31 PM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...
"Do some research on the gravyard.sav problem. In your example that would be like a gay couple and a straight couple walk into a store. One of the gays have aids. Suddenly, because they all walk into the same store they all have aids. Poor analogy man"

umm..not really. more like someone catching a cold..because that got fixed... i never had that glitch myself. so- sorry for the loss of your family.
a glitch isnt a choice. its a glitch. picking something up off the ground is your choice. items dont glitch into peoples games... i never had random things show up in my safe/back-pack. try again.

It deletes your save file if you die. So yeah, really like that. You don't have to pick it up just be in the same game. If it wasn't for this specifically they wouldn't be patching against mods cause the modders accidentally/intentionally unlocked this. So yeah you could avoid all online random lobbies to avoid it. It's not a glitch, because it was not a fault in the system but a fault created by the modders. Not all of them mind you.

Though don't take my stance as being against modders. Long as it doesn't affect me I say who cares. If I get in a game and some guy has a 500000000000000000 point shield either it's "Ok he can tank" or "It's making it not challenging, time to leave and join a different match"
---
xbox GT: StarlinX
#36kiwimyweeweePosted 12/6/2012 6:04:33 PM
Oh you tell everyone else to shut up but when I tell you too I'm wrong.

I told you to shut because you obviously only look at your own prerogative and try to claim others don't.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#37Kpt_KapowskiPosted 12/6/2012 6:07:53 PM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...

you obviously never played Borderlands 1.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 8-4
#38nightx2001Posted 12/6/2012 11:45:32 PM
wutsthatsmell everything you say about modding is total bs lmao for one it hasnt kept people playing and 2 doesnt make the game fun and alot of people tend to stay away from modded items there are plenty of good items in the game already for you to say there isnt and people are waiting around for the next dlc for new items we have a name for them its called loot whores lol what people dont understand or seem to get is borderlands is more than just loot actually has good story and side quest if people would just take time to check things out instead of modding or rushing to end,I agree loot is fun but its not the whole game.
#39Mysticman89Posted 12/7/2012 12:48:07 AM
I feel like people are confusing a lot of seperate issues here and lumping them all into one big blob of disaster. Looking at exclusively graveyard.sav as the only thing brought on by modding is really not being fair, particularly as that epidemic couldn't have been predicted.

I dislike that some people who mod think that just because microsoft doesn't action every single ToS violation that that means it's ok. Regardless of if it's enforced or not, modding is against the ToS so modders are objectively in the wrong. You may disagree with some aspects of the ToS, but you agreed to follow it, and so behaviour in violation of it is inappropriate. If people want to do those things anyway because they think it's unlikely they'll be punished then that's their choice, but they should acknowledge that they are doing something they shouldn't be, rather then insisting that their behaviour is appropriate when it objectively isn't.

I am not strictly opposed to dupers/modders as it's not as simple as being good or bad, as theres lots of things influenced. It's a good thing that people can test mechanics without needing to rely strictly on random drops. It is a bad thing that people lose incentive to discover new mechanics/playstyles based on what dropped for them, since everyone wants the 'best'. It is a good thing that players who hate farming and would quit borderlands early on can increase their enjoyment through getting legendary/modded gear easily. It is a bad thing that many players lack self-control, and so people who would have otherwise been thrilled to get a legendary item/skin/head on their own (via farming or otherwise) will miss out on that experiance since they already have a full set of equal or better gear, and so the items lose their wow factor.

It's that last factor in particular why peoples modding does influence other players. If everyone was perfectly rational, knew exactly how much time they'd be willing to put in with/without modded gear, and had perfect self-control, then sure, modding would be relatively harmless (well, it basicly destroys any chance of a reasonable trading economy, but that's probably a lost cause anyway), but (some) players are irrational impulsive idiots, and I'd go as far to say as most players really don't know how much time they really would spend on the game in the absence of duping/modding which puts even the rational ones in a sticky situation.

To be clear, there are definitely plenty of people out there for whom modded items increase enjoyment and extend the game for them, and there's very little negative for those people to partake. There are also plenty of people who can play 'legitly' without modding even while much of the communitee does so, and theres very little negative to them. There are plenty of people who do harm themselves (in terms of net enjoyment of the game) by partaking however (even if they don't realise it), and it was inevitably for those people why the decision to patch modded items was made.

Again though, it always was against the ToS, so people shouldn't feel like they're entitled to be able to choose, as everyone already chose not to mod when they agreed to the ToS.
#40GujinKamiPosted 12/7/2012 3:03:31 AM
Delete patch

Stay offline

Nobody gets affected

Also, everyone for modding getting patched also supports The Bee getting nerfed. /fact
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i47.tinypic.com/op7mvk.jpg http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif