Cobra sniper damage question

#1MrImpatient35Posted 12/6/2012 7:55:09 PM
The weapon stats says it does something like +15% damage, and that's it. The website I found showing all the special items says that it has a hidden +180% damage boost. Is this true? Why wouldn't they just put that on the weapon stats?
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#2Social_SinPosted 12/6/2012 7:58:15 PM
Because then it wouldn't be hidden.

It's the same as the commerce, if you look at what it says it does all it does is give it a slightly increased reload time.
---
GT: Social Sin
Style Empire
#3spfurm01Posted 12/7/2012 8:30:58 AM
Why are almost none of the red text effects on weapons not actually noted on their weapon cards?

The gun shoots a normal shot with an explosion; the explosion brings the damage up by ~180% (it also makes the total damage done show as explosive), so I'd agree with this. The damage listed on mine is ~25.5k but shots deal about 46-7k damage. The explosion deals damage to nearby enemies, but it's usually only about half that. I've done a lot of rounding though, but 46/25.5 is close to 1.8
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#4H_Panic22Posted 12/7/2012 10:15:20 AM
spfurm01 posted...
Why are almost none of the red text effects on weapons not actually noted on their weapon cards?

The gun shoots a normal shot with an explosion; the explosion brings the damage up by ~180% (it also makes the total damage done show as explosive), so I'd agree with this. The damage listed on mine is ~25.5k but shots deal about 46-7k damage. The explosion deals damage to nearby enemies, but it's usually only about half that. I've done a lot of rounding though, but 46/25.5 is close to 1.8

That's Jakob's manufacturing perk (the hidden multiplier on critical hits). Roll with it.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#5StormWolf12Posted 12/7/2012 10:38:19 AM
and1ballr posted...
The weapon stats says it does something like +15% damage, and that's it. The website I found showing all the special items says that it has a hidden +180% damage boost. Is this true? Why wouldn't they just put that on the weapon stats?

All Jakobs weapons have this effect. Why are you always so misinformed about everything?
#6xHuckleberryPosted 12/7/2012 10:54:10 AM
Cause its the internets and people like to lie about where and how they got things.

You can correct people without trying to make them feel foolish. Its tough, i know.
#7MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 11:21:08 AM
The Cobra is likely the first Jakobs weapons I've used, even in BL1, so I didn't know they did that. If they mention that Jakobs weapons hid weapon info I must've missed it, because I had no idea. I found that out on here. Not the game, or any other website. That doesn't seem like info that anyone would know.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#8MosebysRangersPosted 12/7/2012 12:09:41 PM
xHuckleberry posted...
Cause its the internets and people like to lie about where and how they got things.

You can correct people without trying to make them feel foolish. Its tough, i know.

^
Some of this. Probably most people don't spend compulsive hours and hours of non game analyzing all the known stuff about the game nor even come to GF. Than there a some people who analyze the game in out which is cool because it is there "thing".

Than there are the in betweeners who occasionally want to know these things and have played hours and start pay attention to this stuff.

They know that just maybe they can come to GF because the possibilty of the finding such answers from the Live friends is zilch.

However when one comes to GF expecting decent answers one forgets the GF crowd is not always about respect from one gamer to next but is filled with people who lack some serious social skills while interacting with fellow gamers.

To TC you would have loved the BL boards. Had marvelous people on that board who had broken down all the weapons, effects and number crunched everything etc they would have explained much better. Unfortunately most of those people didn't appear to comeback on GF for BL2 miss those people.
#9OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 12/7/2012 12:12:29 PM
"However when one comes to GF expecting decent answers one forgets the GF crowd is not always about respect from one gamer to next but is filled with people who lack some serious social skills while interacting with fellow gamers."

you said it brother!~
#10MosebysRangersPosted 12/7/2012 12:23:11 PM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...
"However when one comes to GF expecting decent answers one forgets the GF crowd is not always about respect from one gamer to next but is filled with people who lack some serious social skills while interacting with fellow gamers."

you said it brother!~

All I know is BL had some seriously good posters who had broken every item-skill and combination of etc so if people wanted to experiment with different builds with the stuff they found could get some seriously good responses so they could make some informed decisions.

Those people could do it fast, explain it in terms for people like me for example not mathematically inclined. Do it without coming across as not being arrogant etc and leave their opinion out what to the other person should do. really miss them they kept boards alive for months after BL was released.

Also they had some pretty good friendly debates among themselves as to what was the correct numbers on stuff. Tests to prove it. It made my game more fun as I understood more what all the damage numbers meant as I played. Wish they would come back.