i am a few hours into this game and plan to keep my integrity

#1forgotten0285Posted 12/6/2012 11:48:36 PM
how foolish am i and how long before i succumb to duping and modded items?
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#2BigSai29Posted 12/6/2012 11:51:04 PM
I say you need to suffer many hours of farming to no avail in the endgame before you crack.
#3gamerlin10Posted 12/6/2012 11:51:52 PM
Bout the time you hit True Vault Hunter mode, maybe 2.5. You playing solo?
---
XBL GT: BROK3N THUMB5
(The O is not a zero, E=3, S=5)
#4Azrael0206Posted 12/6/2012 11:53:38 PM
BigSai29 posted...
I say you need to suffer many hours of farming to no avail in the endgame before you crack.

About fifteen to twenty hours of farming will will do it.
Not just one boss, in total, in general.
Or farming your specific character head from henry lol.

When you do crack, come on back and I'll dupe plenty for ya ^_^
---
Always willing to help!
Official Angel of Death
#5jenbecklerPosted 12/6/2012 11:53:51 PM
I played all 5 characters to 50 before I even knew what duping was. :P
---
~JenMeister~
#6forgotten0285(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 11:56:23 PM
gamerlin10 posted...
Bout the time you hit True Vault Hunter mode, maybe 2.5. You playing solo?

i am playing solo a little here and there just to try it out. i am getting it for my brother for xmas and will be playing through it with him once he has it too.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#7Mysticman89Posted 12/6/2012 11:58:21 PM
I'm at around 3 days of playtime on my zero, and have never duped or modded (or recieved any such items). The joys of going 'whoa' when you see a legendary (even a relatively poor one) make it a rather rewarding experiance. I don't mind interweaving an hour of farming one boss or another in between working on missions though, so I still manage to have decent gear most of the time, even if half of it is 'only' purple. People who stick exclusively to gear they find on missions might have a slightly rougher go of it depending on their luck, but it shouldn't be too bad.

(This is admittedly easier for me as I don't have gold.)
#8EliteHydroponixPosted 12/6/2012 11:58:58 PM
jenbeckler posted...
I played all 5 characters to 50 before I even knew what duping was. :P

I was almost getting ready to say almost the same thing ..I played 3 characters to 50...2 of them up to TVHM along with countless hours of farming Terra and The Warrior ..I knew what duping was though having played the first one but still didn't really have anyone to dup for me until I came to the boards ..I would say play the game atleast twice before asking for anything from anyone ...after that alot of people would be glad to help you out!
---
I farted once on the set of Blue Lagoon.
#9EliteHydroponixPosted 12/7/2012 12:00:12 AM
Mysticman89 posted...
I'm at around 3 days of playtime on my zero, and have never duped or modded (or recieved any such items). The joys of going 'whoa' when you see a legendary (even a relatively poor one) make it a rather rewarding experiance. I don't mind interweaving an hour of farming one boss or another in between working on missions though, so I still manage to have decent gear most of the time, even if half of it is 'only' purple. People who stick exclusively to gear they find on missions might have a slightly rougher go of it depending on their luck, but it shouldn't be too bad.

(This is admittedly easier for me as I don't have gold.)

I still have the joy of going "whoa" when I see an orange weapon drop even though I have everything ...
---
I farted once on the set of Blue Lagoon.
#10Mysticman89Posted 12/7/2012 12:08:06 AM
Fine, more of a "Whoa, this is almost certainly going to be a much bigger upgrade to my equipment then I'm used to!" type of whoa, in addition to the usual "whoa, oranges are rare" whoa.

It is difficult to quantify the quality of "whoa", so lets not try to compare which is better. Point is, it's a whoa you (potentially still) get when playing without modded/dupped stuff, so it can be enough to keep you with it.