So, absorb shields can absorb any type of splash damage as rockets?

#1LaharPosted 12/7/2012 4:24:42 AM
Found one other topic about this, but they only mentioned it happening with grenade-launcher-type ARs. So this may already be known but bear with me.

I noticed the Landscaper shotgun, with its grenade-type explosions aimed at my feet, potentially made my absorb shield add rockets.

After some testing, I believe the rocket absorption works with any type of splash damage from a weapon that harms the user. I say weapon-based because I couldn't get it to work off a mirv grenade, but it did off a rocket launcher explosion, Tiny Tina's Boom Puppy, and off the small blasts of a corrosive Spiker. The Spiker was really surprising, so in a pinch if you're out there, low on launcher ammo and unable to get to a vending machine, you can simply turn pistol ammo into rockets.

Anyone here done more testing with this? I'd be interested to know if it can happen in co-op, or with any elemental rocket launcher (I was using an explosive RL).
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#2Lahar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 9:29:32 AM
uh.. bump
---
It's raining
#3Lahar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:27:12 PM
Is this already known, or old? Or maybe I'm cheap when it comes to buying ammo?
---
It's raining
#4Lahar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 12:09:55 PM
Played online and noticed the shield icon wasn't giving me the + rocket symbol, but it still made the absorbing sound/shake and prevented damage while rocket count went up in my inventory.
---
It's raining
#5Social_SinPosted 12/8/2012 1:02:12 PM
Lahar posted...
Is this already known, or old? Or maybe I'm cheap when it comes to buying ammo?

No it just does't have LF or dupe in the title so most people will often ignore genuinely useful tips and posts.

Didn't know this myself and will make getting rockets easier on my new chars as I trudge through TVHM with my assassin and 2 others that still need to be maxed.
---
GT: Social Sin
Style Empire