Glitchy game of the year goes to!!!!

#21BigSai29Posted 12/8/2012 10:48:37 AM
Someone needs to refresh my memory here. Did Skyrim have any bugs that were as gamebreaking as the BadAss Rank Reset, Auto Save glitch, Loading Screen Freezes to the point that you can't play at all, Slag-Licked or other challenges glitch, or Graveyard.sav?
#22crosswindkrabPosted 12/8/2012 12:21:53 PM
Yes. Go to the Skyrim boards and do some searches for key words like freeze, bug, glitch, etc.
Besides, Gearbox has never released a patch that causes bunker to fly backwards and lag your game to the point it freezes.
---
If you can't freeze a turtle, you can't freeze a T-Rex.
#23gsninjaPosted 12/8/2012 12:30:01 PM
crosswindkrab posted...
Yes. Go to the Skyrim boards and do some searches for key words like freeze, bug, glitch, etc.
Besides, Gearbox has never released a patch that causes bunker to fly backwards and lag your game to the point it freezes.

Lmao this.

Skyrim had--and still has--some pretty insane glitches, particularly where some quests were concerned (No One Escapes Cidhna Mine, anyone?).
---
3DS FC - 5455 9389 5386 | GT: GB2TheKitchen
Ooo make it bounce, baby.
#24DConPrimePosted 12/8/2012 12:30:45 PM
I'm not religious, so you can say the world was created or that it evolved into what it is today, but as a good metaphor look at the world around you people find loop holes and glitches in real life all the time lol
#25LORD_HOGANPosted 12/8/2012 2:29:10 PM
When I read posts about all the glitches that people encounter in all the games they play, i say to myself. "God must really hate these people." I've never had the deal with any of them.
---
LORD_HOGAN
"He who does great things does little to prove it."
#26Acelion55(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 2:55:29 PM
Well for those of you have haven't had any problems you are very lucky.
I've dealt with freezing issues, BA rank reset, quest glitches, and lost characters.
I played Skyrim and didn't have half the problems. After many emails to Gearbox all I have heard back was from automated emails telling me "they are working on the these issues."
Now I know people are now putting the blame on MS for the certification of the last patch but honestly no one knows who is at fault.

We've had two DLC packs that seemed to create these problems for some people. I really enjoy this game but am tired of dealing with problems.
---
GT: Ace Lion5
#27PensatoPosted 12/8/2012 3:20:30 PM
Voldavian posted...
crosswindkrab posted...
This would be a category, but Skyrim happened and rendered it pointless to nominate a game for years to come.

You sir are right, Skyrim is the glitchiest game of all time.

As glitchy as Skyrim was at release it certainly is not the glitchiest of all time because not only does BL2 have it beat, but there are tons of indy games that would make you wish they were as glitchy as Skyrim. However, there are more game breaking bugs in this game than just about any AAA game this gen.
#28FrEshBrEadStiCkPosted 12/8/2012 3:36:37 PM
I'm one of the most unlucky people on earth, as far video games are concerned, but I've received just one game-breaking glitch in 20 years of playing. WTF are you people doing to receive them in half the games you play??
---
Speed is relative. Floor it.
#29VegetallPosted 12/8/2012 3:47:59 PM
out of my years of gaming, i never had a game breaking glitch, well one in fallout NV, but it was more annoying then game breaking....

this game is just random with who gets affected unless you really are doing wrong things, modding and such...

like im locked out of pete on one character, and not hype or gee on another... but if i switch to the unlocked character first, then the locked one, pete is fine to kill....

its just to bad, they really did rush the crap out of this game... i would think to miss the halo 4 and COD rush...
#30crosswindkrabPosted 12/8/2012 4:05:39 PM
Pensato posted...
As glitchy as Skyrim was at release it certainly is not the glitchiest of all time because not only does BL2 have it beat, but there are tons of indy games that would make you wish they were as glitchy as Skyrim. However, there are more game breaking bugs in this game than just about any AAA game this gen.

I agree saying Skyrim is the glitchiest game ever is hyperbole. That being said I don't believe for a second that it's less glitchy than BL2. BL2 has some absolutely terrible issues that are pretty much unforgivable. It also has some pure wth crap like the current boss lock out. ( as far as I'm concerned the raid bosses are poorly designed borderline pieces of garbage to begin with, but thats a different story.)

All of that being said, Skyrim has so many ridiculous bugs that are constant, wide spread and sometimes just plain freaking obvious. Not to mention the fiasco with their first big patch. I have yet to have items permanently stuck in my inventory, see Bunker fly backwards into the stratosphere, get locked into an area and not be able to escape, fall through the floor, see Moxxi clone herself, see Scooter spawn halfway stuck through the floor, be able to wear two class mods at the same time, see skags randomly fall to earth, be haunted by the warriors eternally reappearing corpse in Sanctuary, etc, etc.
---
If you can't freeze a turtle, you can't freeze a T-Rex.