So about the Randy Pitchford Tweet

#1AkujatuPosted 12/7/2012 11:28:00 PM
Modding is being taken care of from what I gather? So what about duping, any news on that yet?

I've been gone for the last two or three days and would like to be brought up to speed.
#2H3nryW1ls0n3Posted 12/7/2012 11:30:03 PM
Akujatu posted...
Modding is being taken care of from what I gather? So what about duping, any news on that yet?

I've been gone for the last two or three days and would like to be brought up to speed.

Duping will be dealt with by Cl4P TP coming to the dupers house and tea bagging the duper( As Per twitter)
#3Akujatu(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 11:32:21 PM
H3nryW1ls0n3 posted...
Akujatu posted...

Duping will be dealt with by Cl4P TP coming to the dupers house and tea bagging the duper( As Per twitter)

So nothing then I take it? :p Can they really do much to stop the duping? Seems like nothing was done really in BL1.
#4SyxxPakk6Posted 12/7/2012 11:45:44 PM
They won't do anything about it not really any reason. Play with friends that dont dupe if you hate duping. I don't dupe (except skins and heads) and thats what I do.
---
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | GW2 Trippi / Fistkicks
#5Akujatu(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 11:46:36 PM
Oh I don't mind any of what goes on, not my place to mind.

Was just curious what was said is all. Thanks for the info :)
#6diablogamerPosted 12/8/2012 12:34:01 AM
Randy pitchford is just talking out of his ass there is nothing they can do to prevent modders and duping as long as the chracter data is saved on the user end and not on servers there will always be,modding and duping in the borderlands.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#7Mysticman89Posted 12/8/2012 12:59:37 AM
They could make it so weapons with impossible part combinations are automaticly deleted (or otherwise rendered unusable), which strikes me as the most likely solution.

I suspect players will still be able to mod their way to gear that could theoretically drop normally.
#8UB1SOFTPosted 12/8/2012 4:13:39 AM
Mysticman89 posted...
They could make it so weapons with impossible part combinations are automaticly deleted (or otherwise rendered unusable), which strikes me as the most likely solution.

I suspect players will still be able to mod their way to gear that could theoretically drop normally.

Any combination of gun parts can exist in the game supposedly. Instead, gun stats could be used for modders.
---
\` \/ `//
/_/\_\\BOX gamert@g: Dr Havok
#9OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 12/8/2012 6:22:08 AM
diablogamer posted...
Randy pitchford is just talking out of his ass there is nothing they can do to prevent modders and duping as long as the chracter data is saved on the user end and not on servers there will always be,modding and duping in the borderlands.

i am with you on this one sir. i doubt anything gets fixed. BL1 had all the above and never got fixed. i dont think there is anything they can do.