The most overlooked thing that ruins BL2.

#1DaltonMPosted 12/8/2012 6:50:46 AM
It would require them to change the graphics of the game to fix, and they're never going to do that.
But it is: Frame Rate drops.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. you point blank someone with an explosive gun, primarily shotguns (what I almost exclusively use) the frame rate drops.

There are many more regular instances that the frame rate drops in this game. I simply cannot enjoy a shooter when there's a slow frame rate. I'm trying to shoot with accuracy from a very close distance while moving very fast... I should not have frame rate drops ruining my shots.

I stopped playing this game a long time ago because of this. I loved BL and I put nearly 500 hours into it before I even got the first DLC.

But BL2 couldn't even keep me long enough to get two level 50 characters. They didn't add enough to keep the sequel from feeling lame after you beat it, and all the assault rifles suuuuck.

I am a huge fan of the premise of BL, but I think it's being mishandled and I hope they take some huge steps next time.
---
I am all too familiar with disappoint
http://i.imgur.com/Tt1e3.png
#2xHuckleberryPosted 12/8/2012 7:05:45 AM
I hate when my gf is selling things in a shop cause my screen lags like hell. But it doesnt happen very often. Certainly not enough to let it ruin my experience with an entire game.

Well, unless i allow it to ruin my experience for me. But thats not being a gamer is it. Thats being a little baby

Dont be baby.

Ps. The chance of anything, ever, going the way you want it to...is slim. Lower them standards. No expectations.
#3HyndronPosted 12/8/2012 7:13:23 AM
I certainly know how you feel about the framerate drops, does it for the xbox as well (assuming you're playing pc, cause you can edit your graphic settings and whatnot)

But keep in mind that it is a shotgun..point blank into some poor bandit/whoever's head/body in which it lags because it needs to produce the damage output of the weapon and correlate it against their health/shields/base defense instead of having the shots travel and giving it slightly more time to process. ..at least, that's how I think it works, I'm not quite sure.

As for the two level 50s..I know what you mean, exactly. I have a level 50 siren and a level 40 gunzerker and I originally started with the gunzerker, but now that I have a level 50..and I'm on the second playthrough, I really don't want to play the playthrough again just for the sake of a level 50. I would ask a friend of mine to powerlevel me (if he could) bosses like terramorphous, the warrior, etc for a good chunk of experience, and because of that method, I would want to level a new character so I have a jacked up character to begin with. Call me crazy but I wouldn't want to play a whole new character for the sake of having to level through the playthrough..might as well have a powerful character to help you plow through it quickly and more efficiently so there is less time to actually spend playing the game, in my opinion anyway.
---
Xbox GT: Sil3NTxSiNz ; Feel free to add me and send a message! I play Borderlands 2, Halo 4, Space Marine, and Gears 3.
#4DaltonM(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 1:54:11 PM
But keep in mind that it is a shotgun..point blank into some poor bandit/whoever's head/body in which it lags because it needs to produce the damage output of the weapon and correlate it against their health/shields/base defense instead of having the shots travel and giving it slightly more time to process. ..at least, that's how I think it works, I'm not quite sure.

No, it's because of the simultaneous effects of the head exploding, the shot itself, and the impact.

If my explosion guns (my favorite) cause my framerate to drop, something is wrong.

I just hate frame rate drops in games these days. Really lowers the over all quality.

RE6 was pretty bad in cutscenes and minor gameplay.

BL2 is TERRIBLE with frame rate drops in close combat (again, how I like to play games). And god forbid you have two mechromancers that are level 50 and LOOK at the death traps.

GoW3 has framerate issues BAD BAD BAD in the story and just BAD in horde. Online is smooth as butter.

Games like CoD have constant 60 fps or whatever they run at. That makes the shooting superb. Same for Gears 3 online.

I hate when my gf is selling things in a shop cause my screen lags like hell. But it doesnt happen very often. Certainly not enough to let it ruin my experience with an entire game.

Well, unless i allow it to ruin my experience for me. But thats not being a gamer is it. Thats being a little baby

Dont be baby.

Ps. The chance of anything, ever, going the way you want it to...is slim. Lower them standards. No expectations.

Yes, let's just all lower our expectations and let publishers shovel garbage into out consoles.

And you don't have a girlfriend, stop trying to show off for people on GameFAQS, bro.
---
This would be a sweet pet, shooting missiles and stuff:
http://i.imgur.com/Ugqdz.png
#5Social_SinPosted 12/8/2012 2:02:47 PM
I've only ever really had noticeable FR drops from the like you said horrible chance that two mechro's are out and they have DT out. That has been painful FRD, I don't however though play constantly up close with torgue shotguns. I have before but haven't really noticed a significant drop.

I'm actually going to go and do this now just to see, but yea...two DT's is just bad which is why another mechro will often get insta-kicked while I'm on mine.
---
GT: Social Sin
Style Empire
#6lonnieepPosted 12/8/2012 2:09:51 PM
There's negative side effects to shooting somebody at point blank range with explosive weaponry?

Zounds.

(Just another way of looking at it ^_^)
---
"An educated consumer is better than an ignorant one. However you choose to buy this item will affect if, or how more are released in the future."
#7drake_skullPosted 12/8/2012 2:14:14 PM
Why does no one remember the Xbox hardware is from '05 and that COD is using the old Quake 2 engine? The xbox only has 512 megs of ram, look at all that is loaded in BL2 while you are playing. That should answer why(also the Xbox has no devoted memory for graphics, its all handled by the system ram) there is FR drop. Push big graphics and explosions and enemy textures, environment textures and everything else and see what happens.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#8Kingmichael1337Posted 12/8/2012 2:42:56 PM
frame-rate rarely drops for me tbh

the real overlooked thing that ruins BL2 is that the game is pretty boring. got it for the co-op, but it turns out the split-screen blows and the game isn't even as fun as L4D2, so i'm getting my money back. have you played L4D2 versus? that game is intense and exhilarating, aaand your friends can play without worrying that they're going to be useless because they're level 1. that's what i'm talking about.
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#9chopsueysidePosted 12/8/2012 2:46:46 PM
This thread became irrelevant the minute Call of Duty was mentioned.
---
GT: Doctor Terr0r
#10DConPrimePosted 12/8/2012 2:53:25 PM
Whenever something like a slight frame rate drop starts to annoy me I just think back to when I was like 6 and used 5 1/2 floppys on dos...then I don't think its so bad