The most overlooked thing that ruins BL2.

#11DelusioNzorszorPosted 12/8/2012 3:01:50 PM
Frame rate doesn't ruin BL2, it's a bit annoying at times yes and I could see if it were a PVP game it'd be a legitimate complaint. Not saying everyone should lower their standards but it could be a LOT worse.

Now a game where the frame rate actually ruins the experience? silent hill downpour or pre-patch mass effect 3. I got headaches from all the jittering.
#12BLJacePosted 12/8/2012 3:09:31 PM
i installed the game on my xbox and haven't had any issues with frame rates... even when in second wind wailing on someone with a rocket launcher.
---
Wait, what?
#13WandymanPosted 12/8/2012 3:14:08 PM
Maybe your TV isn't as good as you think
---
GT: Buddhasmash83
#14PensatoPosted 12/8/2012 3:15:16 PM
xHuckleberry posted...
I hate when my gf is selling things in a shop cause my screen lags like hell. But it doesnt happen very often. Certainly not enough to let it ruin my experience with an entire game.

Well, unless i allow it to ruin my experience for me. But thats not being a gamer is it. Thats being a little baby

Dont be baby.

Ps. The chance of anything, ever, going the way you want it to...is slim. Lower them standards. No expectations.

So much derp. Yeah lower your standards so developers can continue to be lazy and half ass their games.

Stop being babies and crying about all the game breaking bugs guys. If you'd just go into derp mode like this guy you'd lower your standards letting developers know they don't need to wast their time writing decent code.
#15mooninomicsPosted 12/8/2012 3:41:21 PM
lonnieep posted...
There's negative side effects to shooting somebody at point blank range with explosive weaponry?

Zounds.

(Just another way of looking at it ^_^)

This is a fun way of looking at it.

It's not a drop in frame rate, it's just part of the special effects. Your character is just receiving some minor brain damage and disorientation from the effects of the dozen or so point-blank explosions.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#16JerkMaGerkPosted 12/8/2012 4:18:59 PM
anyone that says "bro" in any context is a douchebag
#17iwishPosted 12/8/2012 4:42:50 PM
I rarely have frame rate drops, ever.

Besides, the Most Overlooked Thing That Ruins BL2 is Not being able to open a menu while in Mid-Air.

Drives me crazy.
---
The original
#18jedimikaPosted 12/8/2012 5:30:56 PM
iwish posted...
I rarely have frame rate drops, ever.

Besides, the Most Overlooked Thing That Ruins BL2 is Not being able to open a menu while in Mid-Air.

Drives me crazy.

There's a reason for that. IIRC there was an exploit in BL1 that involved opening your menu in mid air.
---
Winner of the Official hacked hurt/heal contest
Angel of life
#19xHuckleberryPosted 12/8/2012 9:29:13 PM
DaltonM posted...
But keep in mind that it is a shotgun..point blank into some poor bandit/whoever's head/body in which it lags because it needs to produce the damage output of the weapon and correlate it against their health/shields/base defense instead of having the shots travel and giving it slightly more time to process. ..at least, that's how I think it works, I'm not quite sure.

No, it's because of the simultaneous effects of the head exploding, the shot itself, and the impact.

If my explosion guns (my favorite) cause my framerate to drop, something is wrong.

I just hate frame rate drops in games these days. Really lowers the over all quality.

RE6 was pretty bad in cutscenes and minor gameplay.

BL2 is TERRIBLE with frame rate drops in close combat (again, how I like to play games). And god forbid you have two mechromancers that are level 50 and LOOK at the death traps.

GoW3 has framerate issues BAD BAD BAD in the story and just BAD in horde. Online is smooth as butter.

Games like CoD have constant 60 fps or whatever they run at. That makes the shooting superb. Same for Gears 3 online.

I hate when my gf is selling things in a shop cause my screen lags like hell. But it doesnt happen very often. Certainly not enough to let it ruin my experience with an entire game.

Well, unless i allow it to ruin my experience for me. But thats not being a gamer is it. Thats being a little baby

Dont be baby.

Ps. The chance of anything, ever, going the way you want it to...is slim. Lower them standards. No expectations.

Yes, let's just all lower our expectations and let publishers shovel garbage into out consoles.

And you don't have a girlfriend, stop trying to show off for people on GameFAQS, bro.

I said stop being a baby.

So stop it.
#20jedimikaPosted 12/8/2012 10:00:43 PM
DaltonM posted...

Dont be baby.

Yes, let's just all lower our expectations and let publishers shovel garbage into out consoles.

And you don't have a girlfriend, stop trying to show off for people on GameFAQS, bro.

Contrary to popular belief, geeks most geeks aren't social out cast with no life. I myself am married. Maybe Huckleberry nailed the reason you don't have a girlfriend: You're a baby.

So please don't use gaming as an excuse for your own relationship failures- You're making us look bad.

PS- Huckleberry you are right about the vending lag in split screen. Totally happens with me and my wife too.
---
Winner of the Official hacked hurt/heal contest
Angel of life