Just hit lvl 50 and found my first orange drop! Need advice

#1Beave1Posted 12/8/2012 5:43:25 PM
First, after what feels like 70-80hrs, I finally hit lvl 50 and got my first orange drop. I'd previously received the firehawk quest reward shield, but on my first playthrough fight either Jack or Warrior dropped a nice lvl 50 Impaler shield. All my other weapons are high-40's purples including a lvl 50 bad touch. I still have the DLC to work through, but I'd like to farm a bit.

Is the Warrior good to farm? I can stand up on the ledge and kill him pretty much without taking damage, but it took me a good 10min with my weapons. With the vault hunter relic does he drop oranges at a decent rate? Is there somewhere else I should farm? I pretty much left every sidequest unfinished that gives a red-text blue item, so I have a lot of those to work through too. Any I should do first?

I play Zero and I'd really like to find a good corrosive sniper. An infinity pistol is high on my list as well, and I want to finish the quest with the orange firehawk reward to get a lvl50 version of that shield too.
#2Sno0p_BPosted 12/8/2012 5:49:15 PM
Beave1 posted...
First, after what feels like 70-80hrs, I finally hit lvl 50 and got my first orange drop. I'd previously received the firehawk quest reward shield, but on my first playthrough fight either Jack or Warrior dropped a nice lvl 50 Impaler shield. All my other weapons are high-40's purples including a lvl 50 bad touch. I still have the DLC to work through, but I'd like to farm a bit.

Is the Warrior good to farm? I can stand up on the ledge and kill him pretty much without taking damage, but it took me a good 10min with my weapons. With the vault hunter relic does he drop oranges at a decent rate? Is there somewhere else I should farm? I pretty much left every sidequest unfinished that gives a red-text blue item, so I have a lot of those to work through too. Any I should do first?

I play Zero and I'd really like to find a good corrosive sniper. An infinity pistol is high on my list as well, and I want to finish the quest with the orange firehawk reward to get a lvl50 version of that shield too.

Personally, i only farm the warrior for money or to power level a friend[because i can kill him in 15-25 seconds]...his drop rate isn't all that great but it does increase if you have a full party..i have a zero myself so if u want i can come in and dupe some things for you if you want...
#3BigSai29Posted 12/8/2012 6:08:10 PM
You'll end up with some decent lvl 50 purples which should be upgrades and if your lucky 1 of his many legendary drops. It all really depends on what you want. You say you want a corrosive sniper. You will probably stumble upon a purple or maybe even an e-tech railgun. You almost certainly won't get a corrosive legendary sniper though.

The main thing is though you figure out what you want and you can go for that item specifically. Oh and the Infinity will take anywhere from 10-100000000000 hours to get. Have fun with that.
#4Beave1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 6:28:36 PM
Well, if anyone has a good auditing invader or assassin mod / relic I may be interested. I'd like to mostly farm/earn my stuff, but I'm not against one or two to get me started.
#5Sno0p_BPosted 12/8/2012 6:28:37 PM
BigSai29 posted...
You'll end up with some decent lvl 50 purples which should be upgrades and if your lucky 1 of his many legendary drops. It all really depends on what you want. You say you want a corrosive sniper. You will probably stumble upon a purple or maybe even an e-tech railgun. You almost certainly won't get a corrosive legendary sniper though.

The main thing is though you figure out what you want and you can go for that item specifically. Oh and the Infinity will take anywhere from 10-100000000000 hours to get. Have fun with that.

^^^ you are not lying lol....but i have 4 now so i dont have to worry about that
#6Zero1303Posted 12/8/2012 6:35:54 PM
I have spent a good deal of time on this game; I've been playing consistently since release. I was in your position and I am still finding ways to enjoy the game. Here is what I did, maybe this will work for you-

Your first farm should be Hunter Hellquist. Farm a bee from him. If you want a good farm experience, try to get a level 50, 50,000+ amp damage bee shield. This will open up other farm opportunities and make things much more efficient. You shouldn't have to spend more than 5 hours total if you want a "perfect" bee; you should be able to get a decent one (I at first settled for a level 49 ~46k amp bee) in an hour and a half or less if you're lucky. Don't feel like you have to marathon it, just throw in a half hour here and there and you will score.

Farming the Warrior was fun for me. I threw in a half hour to an hour every other day for a couple weeks. With a decent purple assault rifle and the bee, and some good aim, you can kill him in less than two minutes every time; as you do it more and more you can kill him in a minute or so with a good purple gun and the bee.

After this, I had a Volcano, Conference Call, Impaler and a Hellfire. I was very happy. I also farmed the Bunker quite a bit and finally got a B*** drop. That is probably my best gun.

The conference call can annihilate the warrior, bunker and Terramorphous in ten seconds. That's not an exaggeration. After all my farming though, I felt like I had put a realistic amount of effort into getting orange guns and started trading loot drops. I have a lot of oranges now and I don't feel like I've cheated myself out of appreciating the rarity of orange guns.

Hope this helps. This isn't anything new but I thought I'd share my experience
---
"My game is like the Pythagorean Theorem; there is no answer." -Shaq
#7Zero1303Posted 12/8/2012 6:39:28 PM
btw my Warrior drops went - Impaler, Hellfire, Volcano, Conference Call, in that order. When I finally got a CC drop I shouted like I scored the OT goal in an NHL online game. That was pretty much the farming "win" for me. The Volcano was hilarious - I think I farmed for two hours the previous day with no oranges, then I fired the game up the next day and it was the first drop. You will at least get a lot of great purple guns and get rich from killing him.
---
"My game is like the Pythagorean Theorem; there is no answer." -Shaq
#8Beave1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 6:50:18 PM
Good call on the Bee. I guess I feel like I have an orange shield and a guaranteed 2nd one from the quest, but from what I read the Bee really helps farming.

That's probably a good plan, although I do want to play through the DLC. I'll probably do a bit of both. Thanks for the advice.
#9Beave1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 8:18:28 PM
Well, I just got frustrated and used a bunch of my keys up. Got lucky and got two corrosive snipers. One does around 22K damage but has a very slow (0.9) fire rate. The other is a Dahl that does just under 18K damage, but fires 5 shots when zoomed. For boss and mini-boss fights that should be awesome.

GT is Mastrchfengr if anyone wants to add me. I very seldom play with anyone but my brother as I didn't want the graveyard virus or modded weapons, but I think I've got enough of a loadout I can help in multiplayer now. I also found a Zero purple mod in the chest that gives like 40% team critical damage increase.