Just turned the game on and my Badass rank is gone. If I shut my xbox off NOW...

#1hotpiercedguyPosted 12/8/2012 9:18:30 PM
and turn it on will that make it come back? Is there anything I can do to get it back? Should I save them turn it off?

Thank you in advance for any help!
---
well good for u i didnt come to ur precious server im not gonna tell u where i am but im not on urs thank you - Sxmfc
#2Mysticman89Posted 12/8/2012 9:23:49 PM
When the patch comes it should restore your badass ranks, provided you still have a character that has earned more badass rank then you actually have as a result of the reset.

As long as you don't mass create new characters to reearn badass rank (so that you end up with more BAR than any of your individual characters is entitled to) or delete your existing characters, your BAR should be restored post-patch.
#3hotpiercedguy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:26:37 PM
Will turning my 360 off right now possibly restore them so my game hasn't saved? I noticed the second I got on and I now have the game paused. Im too afraid too force shut it off if that somehow is the opposite of what I should do.
---
well good for u i didnt come to ur precious server im not gonna tell u where i am but im not on urs thank you - Sxmfc
#4PanopictonguyPosted 12/8/2012 9:29:07 PM
What exactly did you notice when you turned it on that made you realize your BArank was gone? What seemed different when the game loaded up?
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#5Mysticman89Posted 12/8/2012 9:31:06 PM
BAR is profile related rather than save file related, so it's likely the damage has already been done.

You could try shutting it off if you wanted and (as long as you don't during it while it's saving) it shouldn't cause any harm, but I doubt it'll do you any good either.
#6hotpiercedguy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:36:32 PM
I only play multiplayer same console with my wife, and when we started the game up, she had ALL her skill points to spend (she was player 2) like she had respecced but not spent the points. Considering we were not in santuary that was weird. She checked and has all her badass ranks. I remembered reading about the glitch, and right away looked at my badass rank and its at 0. So the game is now paused. We haven't moved, so I think I should try and kill the power on the 360? I am literally not touching it until I know what the best course of action is -_-
---
#7BugmeatPosted 12/8/2012 9:41:34 PM
Turning it off can't make things worse. It's unlikely to help either but there's no reason not to try.

---
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth"
#8SasquatchimoPosted 12/8/2012 10:14:39 PM
Its based on your profile, not your save file. Doesn't make a difference if you shut the power. You'll still have no BA points.

Get used to it. Splitscreeners are all but guaranteed to get hit by the BA bug.
---
I am dumbfounded at how many people still don't know how to use google or the internet.
#9StormWolf12Posted 12/8/2012 10:19:32 PM
Mmmmmm..... I don't want to say it's karma for that username, but I will anyway.
#10hotpiercedguy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:17:15 PM
^ People in glass......

Also, judging people based on their usernames (for reals) is pretty much the sign of a complete idiot. But thanks for the input.
---