Best Double Barrel Shotgun?

#1SyxxPakk6Posted 12/9/2012 4:39:55 AM
Looking for a 2 clip / double barrel shotgun w/ quick reload speed.. anyone know if there is a legendary I should be farming for?

Right now I'm just using a blue Jakobs double and quad barrel with decent damage. I'm playing a Shotgun Mechromancer. I prefer the double barrel becuase with the quad I run out of ammo way too quickly and I don't see a big difference in damage.

Also off topic question..

If I have say a double barrel and my trait drops me down to only 1 bullet in the gun does that mean my damage of that gun is cut in half or does the game not account for that?
---
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | GW2 Trippi / Fistkicks
#2FrEshBrEadStiCkPosted 12/9/2012 4:45:13 AM
I think the Striker is a double barrel. It has a tight spread pattern too, so its still pretty accurate with low-ish levels of Anarchy.
---
Speed is relative. Floor it.
#3Ray_MK_IIIPosted 12/9/2012 4:52:40 AM(edited)
Best double barrel would be Sledge's Shotgun, it has the good accuracy of a double barrel but the burst fire basically gives it the pellet count of a quad.

However, if you're running an Anarchy hoarding build on your Mechro, the only shotgun worth using is the Conference Call. The accuracy decrease actually makes it a better weapon.
---
Ray_MK_III: Spouting philosophy and defending all that is awesome since 2006.
:P
#4SyxxPakk6(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 5:40:38 AM
I'm not doing a full anarchy build I'm more so going with huge burst damage w/ Interspersed outburst, just for fun. I know its probably not the "Best" build but its fun for how I play. I really need a Mod with + to Blood Soaked Shields and Interspersed Outburst though.. so far no luck.
---
#5Kpt_KapowskiPosted 12/9/2012 7:05:47 AM
FrEshBrEadStiCk posted...
I think the Striker is a double barrel. It has a tight spread pattern too, so its still pretty accurate with low-ish levels of Anarchy.

Striker isnt double barreled.

as for the original question, im gonna go with a Jakobs Coach Gun. more powerful and accurate than Sledges Shotgun, faster reload, and it doesnt burn through ammo as fast.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 8-4
#6UltimaphazonPosted 12/9/2012 8:27:55 AM
I'm not doing a full anarchy build I'm more so going with huge burst damage w/ Interspersed outburst, just for fun. I know its probably not the "Best" build but its fun for how I play. I really need a Mod with + to Blood Soaked Shields and Interspersed Outburst though.. so far no luck.

Such a mod does not exist. What would it do? Give you 200% of your shield upon killing an enemy?
#7SyxxPakk6(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:22:41 AM
No but it could give you +4 etc then only need 1 point to max it..
---
#8UltimaphazonPosted 12/9/2012 10:53:56 AM
Well, either way, it doesn't exist. I guess one could mod such a class mod, but that's another topic.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Class_Mod

If you scroll down all the way to the bottom, you'll find Gaige classmods. None of them give a bonus to Blood Soaked Shields.

There are two types of mods that can give a bonus to Interspersed Outburst though: Technophile and Slayer of Terra