I think there's sonthing wrong with my elemental damage output.

#1MarsillioPosted 12/10/2012 6:50:03 PM(edited)
Elemental weapons never do as much damage per sec as their stat page says they do. A shock shotty says it'd do 700 a tic put only does about 250. A Corrosive Teapot says it'd do around 4k but only does about 3k a tic on unshielded loaders. This sort of thing happens with all elemental weapons with all enemies.

Is my game glitched or is there some sort of damage mitigation going on?

EDIT: Across all characters as well. Forgot that part.
---
Capcom won't see another damn cent from me until Mega Man Legends 3 is released.
#2Marsillio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 1:56:02 AM
Anybody? I know 'something' is all screwed up but is that really a good reason to ignore this topic?

*sadface*
---
Capcom won't see another damn cent from me until Mega Man Legends 3 is released.
#3Mysticman89Posted 12/11/2012 2:03:17 AM
Level differences between what you're shooting at and what your character is?

I assume you're not shooting something of the same elemental type so the thing is outright resisting, as you'd presumably notice the word 'resist' popping up.
#4Marsillio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 2:13:07 AM
No, not shooting resisty stuff. Didn't know about enemies resisting elemental damage from lower level weapons. I'll need to double check but I don't think that's the problem.
---
#5Marsillio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 2:36:04 AM(edited)
Nope, level difference isn't the problem. lvl 40 shock shotty 1050ish a sec doing 400 or so against 35ish bullymongs and armored targets (Big Bertha, Bewm). lvl 50 Corrosive smg 4800ish a sec doing 3300ish a sec against unshielded HOT Loader.
---
#6kmaldingonePosted 12/11/2012 2:49:36 AM
the stats show damage per second average, not damage per tick. the ticks roll out faster than 1 per second. that is why the ticks you see are less than the DMG/SEC stat the weapon displays. now why they just don't show the per tick damage you'd have to ask gearbox that question.
#7AlleRacingPosted 12/11/2012 7:51:17 AM
the stats show damage per second average, not damage per tick. the ticks roll out faster than 1 per second. that is why the ticks you see are less than the DMG/SEC stat the weapon displays. now why they just don't show the per tick damage you'd have to ask gearbox that question.

Presumably because there's no where that states how many ticks occur per second. Still though, it's a step up from BL1 where there was no indication of much DPS the element added, apart from outright testing it.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#8Marsillio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 1:33:17 PM
kmaldingone posted...

Ah, so that's it. Thanks for remedying my ignorance, much appreciated.
---