What is the point for skins?

#1SantaClaudePosted 12/11/2012 5:55:00 AM
I don't see a point for skins. You don't even see ur own character in-game anyways.
#2Bloodmoon313Posted 12/11/2012 5:56:45 AM
i see it as a way to set yourself apart from everyone else
---
GT:Orta313
I don't play well with others
#3EliteHydroponixPosted 12/11/2012 5:57:49 AM
SantaClaude posted...
I don't see a point for skins. You don't even see ur own character in-game anyways.

I hate everything about your post ..and if I could see your face I would hate the s*** outta that as well..
---
I farted once on the set of Blue Lagoon.
#4SantaClaude(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 6:01:35 AM
EliteHydroponix posted...
SantaClaude posted...

I hate everything about your post ..and if I could see your face I would hate the s*** outta that as well..

Funny you should say that because I hate everything about your post ..and if I could see your face I would hate the s*** outta that as well..
#5EliteHydroponixPosted 12/11/2012 6:03:44 AM
SantaClaude posted...
SantaClaude posted...

Funny you should say that because I hate everything about your post ..and if I could see your face I would hate the s*** outta that as well..

Pffffffffft real original there hoss ...what a waste of a post.
---
I farted once on the set of Blue Lagoon.
#6SantaClaude(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 6:09:45 AM
SantaClaude posted...
SantaClaude posted...

Pffffffffft real original there hoss ...what a waste of a post.

Thank you for allowing me to waste your precious lifetime. I'm gladly giving some of mine to you:)
#7AngryOldFeralPosted 12/11/2012 6:35:09 AM
The point of skins and character heads is basically Gearbox's way of pooping all over your hopes. See, you may think: "Yeah, sure, it's just a color-scheme or a new hat. How hard could it be to get?"

...then before you know it, you've been farming varkids for six hours to get Verm to spawn, never realizing the drop-rate for most of the rare skins/heads is actually lower than most Legendary weapons.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#8InfamousCarlPosted 12/11/2012 6:44:50 AM
AngryOldFeral posted...
The point of skins and character heads is basically Gearbox's way of pooping all over your hopes. See, you may think: "Yeah, sure, it's just a color-scheme or a new hat. How hard could it be to get?"

...then before you know it, you've been farming varkids for six hours to get Verm to spawn, never realizing the drop-rate for most of the rare skins/heads is actually lower than most Legendary weapons.

That's the worst part of it. I've been killing the assassins, mostly to complete challenges on the way, and 3 Emporers dropped but no skins. That was during over 900 kills for the crouching tiger challenge.
#9killbot357Posted 12/11/2012 9:09:00 AM
SantaClaude posted...

this guy's tough
---
Currently playing: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Dark Souls, Diablo 3
#10GujinKamiPosted 12/11/2012 9:10:25 AM
The point of being able to tell who is who and that everyone won't look the same.

I will admit though the effort in trading and LF topics for skins is just silly.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i47.tinypic.com/op7mvk.jpg http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif