Character choice for 1st playthrough

#11KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 8:21:53 AM
Decided to play as maya phaselock seems most useful for solo play and it has a quick cooldown time,time to explore pandora once again.
#12MosebysRangersPosted 12/12/2012 10:11:06 AM
My person recommendation for a brand newcomer based on playing Roland/Mordecai extensively in BL and Zer0/Maya in BL2 plus not not necessarily whom I personally like the best would be Axton for person first trying out the game.

Second choice would be Maya.

Reason Axton is pretty good for newcomer is skill trees are pretty well explained plus the turret does not take a great deal of practice to get a feel for when it comes to combat.

Maya is pretty straight forward with emphasis on damage unless one wants to make her nurse because it is a matter of choice down the left and right skill trees plus her primary skill is pretty easy to use and easy getting use to using as situation fits.

So those are my 2 recommendations for a new person. Mechromancer, Salvador and Zer0 are going to be acquired tastes plus their trees a bit more complicated in sense it will take some serious play time with trial/error based upon user's playstyle to get build right for them.
#13C_Dub7Posted 12/12/2012 10:22:57 AM(edited)
When it comes to difficulty, in my opinion:

Zer0 > Salvador = Gaige > Maya > Axton

You don't really start feeling their drawbacks until PT2, but one thing that plays a large factor is their level of crowd control. Endgame stats and builds are a separate story, however.
---
"YOU'RE IN THE TORGUE ZONE, BABY! IF YOU AREN'T MADE OF GASOLINE, METAL, OR BACON, GET THE **** OUT!" - Mr. Torgue
www.youtube.com/CDubxVRex
#14KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 6:58:35 AM
MosebysRangers posted...
My person recommendation for a brand newcomer based on playing Roland/Mordecai extensively in BL and Zer0/Maya in BL2 plus not not necessarily whom I personally like the best would be Axton for person first trying out the game.

Second choice would be Maya.

Reason Axton is pretty good for newcomer is skill trees are pretty well explained plus the turret does not take a great deal of practice to get a feel for when it comes to combat.

Maya is pretty straight forward with emphasis on damage unless one wants to make her nurse because it is a matter of choice down the left and right skill trees plus her primary skill is pretty easy to use and easy getting use to using as situation fits.

So those are my 2 recommendations for a new person. Mechromancer, Salvador and Zer0 are going to be acquired tastes plus their trees a bit more complicated in sense it will take some serious play time with trial/error based upon user's playstyle to get build right for them.

After my first playthrough i'm gonna play as gaige with an anarchy build.