How many people beat Pete the Invincible solo?

#1MrImpatient35Posted 12/12/2012 10:28:49 AM
I'm starting to think it isn't possible solo, so how have you guys done against him? I don't have many shock weapons to take down his shield other than thunderball fists and deliverance. I have a shock sniper though.

What kind of gear should I take into this fight to do better? I'm gonna try again in about a hour.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#2elp5000Posted 12/12/2012 10:31:51 AM
The glitch area may help you..
---
"Critical killing is an art unto itself, and I am Rembrandt"
#3MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 10:33:05 AM
Oh yeah. I just got a Storm Front.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#4C_Dub7Posted 12/12/2012 10:33:42 AM(edited)
Shock plasma caster, shock e-tech rifle, you just need a shock weapon for the shield. Hardly any way around that.

If you wanna cheese your way through the fight, the old CC+Bee works well after his shields are down. If you don't wanna go that route, you're gonna want to use a slag weapon+anything else that has a good DPS rate.

Honestly, Pete isn't really the threat in that fight; it's the other mobs that spawn after you turn on the water valve that are more problematic. You just have to keep strafing around and have something that's capable of killing weaker mobs quickly.
---
"YOU'RE IN THE TORGUE ZONE, BABY! IF YOU AREN'T MADE OF GASOLINE, METAL, OR BACON, GET THE **** OUT!" - Mr. Torgue
www.youtube.com/CDubxVRex
#5InfamousCarlPosted 12/12/2012 10:40:10 AM
I used the glitch area to beat him with my mechro. Funniest thing was, after a while he jumped after me into the glitch area and couldn't jump back out, lol.

He was stuck moving side to side, so it was even easier after that!
#6UltimaphazonPosted 12/12/2012 10:49:30 AM(edited)
I managed to beat him solo. Bee with some purple Hyperion lvl 50 Shock Shotgun for the shields, then Bee + Babymaker for the rest.

I can't seem to do it consistently though, as I always run out of ammo.
#7SoulAssassinnnPosted 12/12/2012 10:55:23 AM
I've beat him over 100 times solo, and have done it with Maya, Axton and Sal. The key is to use slag and shock, and avoid using anything fire or corrosive.

My set up for solo'ing Pete quickly:

Baby Maker
CC (not fire or corrosive)
Bee
Shock Grenade

Slag him and use a baby maker, and his shield will be gone in a matter of seconds. From there, it's all about managing when to turn on the water.
#8LORD_HOGANPosted 12/12/2012 11:09:07 AM
I've beat him solo as well, He is pretty easy once you know what to do.
---
LORD_HOGAN
"He who does great things does little to prove it."
#9TRU89xPosted 12/12/2012 12:13:50 PM
I solo'd him without a glitch, i just used my gunzerker with an evolution and health regen and only hit the valve with the spiderants since they are easy to avoid.
---
Xbox Live GT/PSN - tru89x
#10SilverosxPosted 12/12/2012 12:21:34 PM
I use a nuke Axton with a Reload/Mag Size+ mod with +5 Steady, some blue tediore relic (25% damage, 52% mag size), a 52k amp dmg Bee shield, a lvl 48 non-elemental Baby Maker(has 4.6k damage, 1.1 base reload speed), and a slag Vladof pistol. I also keep a non-elemental Conference Call for backup if I run out of SMG ammo. The mag size on my Baby Maker with all gear is 61.

I start with the pistol slagging him (20% chance to with pistol) and switch to the Baby Maker. About four reload throws kills the shield and I can throw it three more times before the first aoe he performs. I rush over to turn on the water, throw the nuke turret on the spiderling spawns, and reslag/throw Baby Makers at him while running around the room. Each reload toss while slagged does about 8.5 million damage on the first impact and anywhere from 4m to 8.5m on the additional gun that spawns on impact (amount seems to be random). Each slag seems to last about 8 Baby Maker reloads.

I've timed my runs, and it takes about 25 to 30 seconds from start to finish. I capped out on Seraph Crystals days ago and have looted about 30+ different Legendary items. I occasionally have to go farm Terramorphous for Eridium as Pete doesn't always drop enough to make up for the 8 required to fight him.

My build: http://www.bl2skills.com/commando.html#05055100005005505510102000000000
---
My posts come with muffins. Take only one per post.
Don't flame me, or the muffins will BURN!