is the character of Mr. Torgue...

#1boneywingsPosted 12/12/2012 5:04:48 PM
Is he based on macho man Randy Savage? or am I just confused...
#2killbot357Posted 12/12/2012 5:05:20 PM
no Mr. Belvedere
---
Currently playing: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Dark Souls, Diablo 3
#3TsurukePosted 12/12/2012 5:27:46 PM(edited)
boneywings posted...

Its the same voice actor that does Mr. Satan (Hurcule) from Dragonball Z.
Some may say that the majority of the DLC is paying homage to DLC (Mr. Togue = Mr. Satan, Torgue Tournament = World Tournament [DBZ] , I won't go that far as to say it was, just because they had the same guy voice acting Hurcule to play Torgue)
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#4boneywings(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 5:39:21 PM
Tsuruke posted...
boneywings posted...

Some may say that the majority of the DLC is paying homage to DLC (Mr. Togue = Mr. Satan, Torgue Tournament = World Tournament [DBZ] , I won't go that far as to say it was, just because they had the same guy voice acting Hurcule to play Torgue)

it would make sense though a lot of the characters and quests and guns in this game are paying homage to something in one way or another..... still he just reminds me of Macho Man
#5God_of_TurmoilPosted 12/12/2012 6:21:07 PM
Randy Pitchford said in an interview that Mr.Torgue is basically a parody of Macho Man.
---
Detroit Red Wings: 11 Time Stanley Cup Champions.
#6TsurukePosted 12/12/2012 6:24:00 PM
boneywings posted...
Tsuruke posted...
boneywings posted...

it would make sense though a lot of the characters and quests and guns in this game are paying homage to something in one way or another..... still he just reminds me of Macho Man

I could see that

God_of_Turmoil posted...
Randy Pitchford said in an interview that Mr.Torgue is basically a parody of Macho Man.

Ah, did not know that.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#7boneywings(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 10:55:04 PM
God_of_Turmoil posted...

wow had no idea. really I started this topic kinda joking and to see if anyone agreed with me I had no idea they actually intentionally paid homage to savage. RIP Macho Man. I wub wub you.