Since people complained about the bee and gearbox patched it...

#31AmarantaminPosted 12/13/2012 3:18:12 PM
To repeat myself, it's ignorant to think that using a different shield is a viable solution. That's not a solution, that's brushing the problem under the rug.

There were other ways this could have been handled. Splitting the Amp damage alone would have solved the raid boss problem. Or, they could have increased the shield's capacity to make up for the increased recharge delay; at least then, after the first hit took away the Amp power, the shield would be able to withstand a few blow before disintegrating.

Regardless, the shield is now junk. I'm farming a better shield. Soon as it drops, it'll be easy enough to forget about the Bee until Gearbox decides to tweak it to not be so terrible anymore.

To reiterate, since the major points are being ignored; I have no problem with tweaking the shield, or the way Amp damage works in general, to stop people from using it to farm raid bosses. But, they went overboard with this one. While it's unlikely they'll return it to the way it was (and truly, they shouldn't), I think we'll see a patch before too long that works to even it out and return the Bee to being viable in regular gameplay. You know, for the people who don't use it to exploit raid bosses and are seriously impacted.

Gearbox will need to realize that the Bee wasn't only used by exploiters, and it doesn't make sense to push an update that punishes everyone who uses the shield. If the Amp damage portion was broken, fix that, and we're golden. But killing multiple aspects of a well-used item makes little sense.
#32kiwimyweeweePosted 12/13/2012 3:24:01 PM
I wasn't the one telling you to not use the shield. I am trying to tell you it's still a great shield but just not a great as it was before.

If it's that big of a problem just clear your cache and play offline. If you don't want to do that then adapt to the changes.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#33abombt7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 3:26:10 PM
Just testing the shield out right now, I've noticed it still works really well with a harold and the ravager. What other high fire rate weapons go well with it?
#34jenbecklerPosted 12/13/2012 3:27:19 PM
abombt7 posted...
Just testing the shield out right now, I've noticed it still works really well with a harold and the ravager. What other high fire rate weapons go well with it?

It worked nicely with my plasma casters this afternoon.
---
GT: JenMeister07
#35MrImpatient35Posted 12/13/2012 3:30:57 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Max legit backpack capacity in BL1 was 72. Plus the banks 42, is 114.

BL2 storage is 43 total. Not counting claptraps storage, cuz its shared.

Wtf.

Exactly! With so many guns in this game...actually, not just guns, but with so many good items, why in the hell do we have less storage space? I have roughly 10+ grenades that I'm not giving up. I just got the Fire Bee the other day. I have to resort to the mule thing. I have 2 other characters just to hold my gear. VERY annoying!
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#36Kpt_KapowskiPosted 12/13/2012 3:35:34 PM
devak108 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

Wtf.

WTF indeed. I need WAY more space than that.

Also hi Kapowski, Kiwi. Miss the glory days of BL1 with all that inventory space.

sup dood. How goes it? Nice to see you back.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 9-4
#37SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 12/13/2012 3:47:06 PM
and1ballr posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

Wtf.

Exactly! With so many guns in this game...actually, not just guns, but with so many good items, why in the hell do we have less storage space? I have roughly 10+ grenades that I'm not giving up. I just got the Fire Bee the other day. I have to resort to the mule thing. I have 2 other characters just to hold my gear. VERY annoying!

Even more ridiculous...
Why does the backpack hold more than a giant wall safe? The bank only holds about 16 items, I think. Ridiculous.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#38TsurukePosted 12/13/2012 3:56:09 PM
jenbeckler posted...
abombt7 posted...

It worked nicely with my plasma casters this afternoon.

It worked well with the Slagga, I'm going to safely assume it still does.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#39devak108Posted 12/13/2012 4:44:49 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/638784-borderlands-2/62871606

Devak you may appreciate this. I will admit the old board joke topic got out of hand but I thought it was funny.

LOL Kiwi, you'll never change ;) It started getting real funny when that guy was busting out the wiki links lol.

I heard the top gearbox staff members had a meeting and collectively decided putting the Raven in this game would remove any chance of a challenge at all. It's power could barely be contained in the first game, but Pandora has changed.

Imagine a Slag Raven?? Dear gods...

Anyway nice to see some of the Vets here. I'll probably stop by from time to time to hang with the cool kids. If I'm not branded as a PS3 traitor for life, lol. Happy hunting out there you guys! Damn the oranges are harder to come by this time, no?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OhJJR8nBl4#t=0m10s