The patch and The Bee

#1mango95Posted 12/13/2012 7:50:31 AM
Let me just start by saying most of the patch is a good thing. Being able to reset the challenges and earn more badass tokens for example will be great. Bug fixes are always welcome.

I don't like that they could not come up with a way to balance The Bee for multi-player vs. single player. I think is penalizes people who choose to play solo (I play with others). But fine, that was the choice Gearbox made.

However, I am really ticked off that they changed the stats of the The Bee shields I already had in my inventory. They already spread the amp damage across all projectiles per shoot and took away the Tediore reload per bullet in clip boost with the patch. Why did they feel it was necessary to actually nerf the statistics of already acquired shields? Is anyone else pissed about this?

Venting over. Thank you.
---
Inflammable means flammable? What a country!
#2TheTrueSetoPosted 12/13/2012 7:52:32 AM
Welcome to 2 months ago.

-PC player
---
i care about your problemz
#3mango95(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 7:54:54 AM
Well at least we had the two extra months I guess. What guns have you liked to use with the "new" Bee?
---
#4xHuckleberryPosted 12/13/2012 7:58:01 AM
Tediores and shottys got it bad.

The rest seems to be alright. SMGs like the sandhawk work pretty well
#5KCGeminiPosted 12/13/2012 8:37:52 AM(edited)
No reason to be angry. It still works well with several guns and is still the best shield to use.

Anything that shoots a lot of bullets quickly gets the most benefit; as well as any gun that shoots one projectile that splits into more like the Unkempt Harold, Fibber, and Lyuda.

Even some random guns that shoot several projectiles at once somehow still get the bonus for all the bullets, like the Sand Hawk.
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...
#6mango95(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 8:54:09 AM
Thank you for the gun recommendations KC. I am not really angry. I knew the changes were coming except for changing the stats of equipment I already had found. It just feels wrong to me to change the stats on equipment in my inventory that I spent a lot of time farming to acquire.
---
#7C_Dub7Posted 12/13/2012 9:14:09 AM(edited)
No reason to be angry. It still works well with several guns and is still the best shield to use.

Anything that shoots a lot of bullets quickly gets the most benefit; as well as any gun that shoots one projectile that splits into more like the Unkempt Harold, Fibber, and Lyuda.

Even some random guns that shoot several projectiles at once somehow still get the bonus for all the bullets, like the Sand Hawk.

This right here tells you that the entire nerfing of The Bee is incredibly stupid.

If the whole reason for this patch, aside from the BA reset glitch, was to make The Bee "work properly" by distributing the Amp Damage evenly among bullets from weapons that fire multiple rounds with each pull of the trigger, why weren't all the other weapons aside from shotguns that fire multiple rounds with each trigger pull affected? It either means that they are REALLy half-assing it up at Gearbox or, like I thought from the very beginning, they never cared that The Bee was broken in the first place.

I mean, just think about it. The entire purpose of legendary and unique items in this game is to give you weapons that are either better than the rest or function differently or both. It's how it was in BL1 and it's how it is in BL2. The only reason that they implemented this patch in the first place is because they didn't wanna have to continuously hear all the complaints about The Bee anymore. They didn't care that it was "game-breaking"; they just don't want people *****ing at them day in and day out about an optional piece of equipment.

And not only did they implement the nerf, they over-nerfed it for no good reason. Reducing the recharge rate and increasing the delay made absolutely no sense when it was already useless as it was when you took a sliver of damage.

So now everybody has to suffer because of the gripes of a select few. A select few with perhaps the loudest voices (**** society), but a select few.
---
"YOU'RE IN THE TORGUE ZONE, BABY! IF YOU AREN'T MADE OF GASOLINE, METAL, OR BACON, GET THE **** OUT!" - Mr. Torgue
www.youtube.com/CDubxVRex
#8teknic1200Posted 12/17/2012 2:29:14 PM
the fact that whinny kids got the bee changes irritates the heck out of me. i hardly used it, but I did from time to time. Now that mine has a delay that changed to 6.5 I won't use it at all.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#9InfamousCarlPosted 12/17/2012 2:43:25 PM
I agree the extra nerf wasn't needed.

In the end it doesn't matter though. Even if they made it so the other multi-shot weapons didn't work with the bee, there would still be a best way to kill things. The same people would probably still complain about it too.
#10incinerator950Posted 12/17/2012 3:00:02 PM
My first skill tree reset for a long time, if ever, finally happened after the patch. The audio in Thousand Cuts is still broken, I've never had a BA reset because I know how to properly load my saves and profile, and while I normally didn't use the Bee for situations, I've started using it more now because my normal weapons suddenly feel worthless in a four man lobby when I know they were soundly more effective prior to the patch.

It's great that they're finally doing something about their problems that they cause by former patches, but they're fixing things that didn't need fixing originally. Like the only voice of Gearbox is from a CEO with inefficient PR skills and all their ears are focused on making more money through EA's sales tactics and not producing quality, while only taking the feedback from narrow "Artistic integrity" speeches and only adhering to fans who sperg out over the ability to waste more time and ammunition on enemies who scale worse than end-game Diablo fights.

I'm probably just done with this because I've already done all of this in the first game.
---
DS2 improves on DS in nearly every single way. problem with DS2 is that you're having too much fun to be scared.~sc0ttmst