so how exactly did they fix flesh stick?

#1tooljunkiePosted 12/13/2012 8:47:14 AM
Topic...
Just curious haven't gotten to play yet...
---
Gamertag: XRayBoosh
#2FurioPosted 12/13/2012 1:49:43 PM
bump
#3InfamousCarlPosted 12/13/2012 1:51:52 PM
I heard that his xp was designated as legendary or badass or whatever, and they just bumped it down to regular ol' bandit
#4duericPosted 12/13/2012 1:57:24 PM
InfamousCarl posted...
I heard that his xp was designated as legendary or badass or whatever, and they just bumped it down to regular ol' bandit

This fix is kind of a bummer, but totally necessary.

BA xp for what amounted to a normal enemy made no sense to me.

What they should have done from the beginning was, every time you killed him, the other enemies in the area should have respawned instantly.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#5AmarantaminPosted 12/13/2012 2:14:35 PM
Yeah, they fixed this, which didn't cause players to be overpowered and was a great way to help friends who had lost characters or boost a co-op friend who doesn't own the game so that they could play on an equal level.

But duping wasn't touched. At all. So I'm not allowed to quickly hit 50 and legitimately farm oranges, and I'm not allowed to stack my legitimately farmed oranges to try to fight major bosses on my own (with The Bee nerf), but it's just fine if I get together with friends, dupe the hell out of the best weapons in the game, and rip everything apart without a sweat because we're all over-powered cheaters.

Cool.
#6PensatoPosted 12/13/2012 2:19:07 PM(edited)
dueric posted...
InfamousCarl posted...

The game isn't a MMO or any kind of competitive online game. So no, it wasn't necessary.

dueric posted...

What they should have done from the beginning was, every time you killed him, the other enemies in the area should have respawned instantly

You say that it makes no sense to have a normal enemy have BA exp (which Gearbox seems to agree with since they changed that) but then say instead of fixing the exp flesh stick gives they should have changed core game mechanics that would have actually allowed for even faster power leveling?
#7duericPosted 12/13/2012 2:20:38 PM
Pensato posted...
dueric posted...
InfamousCarl posted...

The game isn't a MMO or any kind of competitive online game. So no, it wasn't necessary.

dueric posted...

What they should have done from the beginning was, every time you killed him, the other enemies in the area should have respawned instantly

You say that it makes no sense to have a normal enemy have BA exp (which Gearbox seems to agree with since they changed that) but than say instead of fixing the exp flesh stick gives they should have changed core game mechanics that would have actually allowed for even faster power leveling?

How would having all the enemies respawn make power leveling faster?

Besides, I was just thinking out loud.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#8AmarantaminPosted 12/13/2012 2:38:13 PM
However, you can still invite a low-leveled friend into a PL2 game, kill the Warrior a few times, and their EXP will jump significantly, often granting several levels at a time in the early stages. Viable all the way to 50.

Funny how Fleshstick was such a huge issue, but they completely overlooked this exploit.
#9duericPosted 12/13/2012 2:40:14 PM
Amarantamin posted...
However, you can still invite a low-leveled friend into a PL2 game, kill the Warrior a few times, and their EXP will jump significantly, often granting several levels at a time in the early stages. Viable all the way to 50.

Funny how Fleshstick was such a huge issue, but they completely overlooked this exploit.

Yep. 100,000 xp per run.
---
#10PensatoPosted 12/13/2012 4:37:28 PM
dueric posted...
How would having all the enemies respawn make power leveling faster?

Besides, I was just thinking out loud.

It takes a hand full of seconds to clear the area with decent gear. Having enemies respawn in that area every time you kill him is going to make for some fast power leveling. More so if they leave his exp like it was.