Alternative to The Bee

#1AmarantaminPosted 12/13/2012 4:30:35 PM(edited)
It looks like with the recent patch, Gearbox nerfed the bee significantly but opened up another fun glitch that was previously only in the PC version.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=212216

With the proper spawn of the Redundant Fibber (the one where shots split into 9 projectiles), players will find that the ricochet does enough damage to nearly instant-kill most raid bosses. Now that this little hiccup has made it's way to the consoles, anyone upset that they can't farm with The Bee anymore has a viable alternative.

Funny thing is, I never farmed with The Bee, but now that they've broken my favorite shield I'm planning on exploiting this alternative into the dirt. Get it before it's patched, people. ;-)
#2jenbecklerPosted 12/13/2012 4:32:30 PM
BRB. Going to go test this out. :D Thanks TC.
---
GT: JenMeister07
#3Amarantamin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 4:33:03 PM
Bytheby, it's from a quest chain, not a boss. Not posting here for spoiler purposes, but the following link details the quest.

***SPOILERS***
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Mal

Trick is, when getting the quest reward, if it's the wrong kind, you'll have to dashboard and turn it in again until you get lucky. No worse than farming anything else, really.
#4jenbecklerPosted 12/13/2012 4:37:22 PM
You wouldn't happen to have the correct fibber would you? If so, anything you're looking for in return?
---
GT: JenMeister07
#5Amarantamin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 4:40:23 PM
I'm actually working on obtaining it now. If I get one, I'll post here, then it's time to learn how to dupe and share the love.
#6VaricoseVeinsPosted 12/13/2012 4:45:24 PM
How does the glitch work? If you know, i will be glad to be updated. And if anyone of you have the needed items, i have ALOT to trade for it. Heads/skins you name it.
#7aznghostbusterPosted 12/13/2012 4:47:40 PM
I'm pretty sure I have the Redundant Fibber somewhere... Well, time to go item hunting lol
---
"If there's grass on the field, have sex with it." -Confucius
GT- TheLoveFister
#8Amarantamin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 4:51:59 PM
Per the link in the original post, apparently the ricochet from the weapon deals insane damage, but only for that specific version of it. A direct hit on an enemy causes all the ricochet to hit that enemy as well, and the damage multiplies quickly.
#9VaricoseVeinsPosted 12/13/2012 4:53:29 PM
The barrel_3 Fibber pistol is glitched when having the Laser_Double accessory

Anyone have this?
#10Amarantamin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 4:55:50 PM
Also worth noting that the patch made the Auto Correcting Fibber significantly worse.

Redundant Fibber is the one we're looking for here.