So is the Fibber pistol all I need?

#1MrImpatient35Posted 12/13/2012 5:02:45 PM
I'm reading that the Redundant Fibber pistol is killing Pete the Invincible incredibly easily! Is that all I need, or do I need something else to make it that powerful? Pete has been destroying me & my friend since yesterday lol.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#2AmarantaminPosted 12/13/2012 5:03:38 PM
It specifically has to be the Redundant Fibber variety.

The Fibber comes in a lot of different forms; ONLY the Redundant Fibber has the overpowered effect.
#3MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 5:07:11 PM
Cool. I'll keep trying for it then. It's given from a side mission, so getting it shouldn't be too hard.

BTW. It's not Pete himself that's given us so much trouble. It's the rats/spiderants from those pipes. The highest level I've seen is a level 66 spiderant. Needless to say, it DEMOLISHED ME!
---
#4StormWolf12Posted 12/13/2012 5:10:31 PM
Amarantamin posted...
It specifically has to be the Redundant Fibber variety.

The Fibber comes in a lot of different forms; ONLY the Redundant Fibber has the overpowered effect.

Wrong.

GD_Weap_Pistol.Barrel.Fibber.Pistol_Barrel_Bandit_Fibber_3

So long as it has that barrel, it's ricochet will have 9 bullets that get boosted by the bee.

That barrel makes it fire a bullet that will split into 9 and bounce after making contact with something.

If it's a redundant fibber, it will fire two bullets, giving you 18 after ricochet, making it more OP.

You could get a Redundant fibber with one of the other two barrels- shotgun type or Flynts tinderbox type, and those will not have the OP bee boost.
#5abombt7Posted 12/13/2012 5:10:33 PM
and1ballr posted...
Cool. I'll keep trying for it then. It's given from a side mission, so getting it shouldn't be too hard.

BTW. It's not Pete himself that's given us so much trouble. It's the rats/spiderants from those pipes. The highest level I've seen is a level 66 spiderant. Needless to say, it DEMOLISHED ME!

Please tell me you have defeated him. I tried telling you multiple times that if you go up to the glitch area and strategically keep yourslef between him and the pillar that you wouldn't ever have to use the water valves.
#6InfamousCarlPosted 12/13/2012 5:24:31 PM
What does the Bandit Barrel look like? Still have to do this quest in 2.5
#7MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 6:35:09 PM
abombt7 posted...
and1ballr posted...

Please tell me you have defeated him. I tried telling you multiple times that if you go up to the glitch area and strategically keep yourslef between him and the pillar that you wouldn't ever have to use the water valves.

I must not be doing it right because he always gets me, and I have to turn the pipe. I'll try it again though. Maybe I'm being impatient.
---
#8abombt7Posted 12/13/2012 6:40:00 PM
and1ballr posted...
abombt7 posted...
and1ballr posted...

I must not be doing it right because he always gets me, and I have to turn the pipe. I'll try it again though. Maybe I'm being impatient.

What you have to do is avoid getting splashed by both the caustic AND fire nova. He will hit you with one of them no matter what. But you can avoid the second one. You have to hide behind the pillar the moment you hear him start getting ready to drill. You won't take DOT if you avoid the second splash.