do you have to farm legendaries from specific enemies or will they drop randomly

#1MtpgamerPosted 12/13/2012 6:13:15 PM
im having a heck of a time getting any orange drops....do i literally HAVE to farm specific enemies or are they supposed to drop from bosses and chests?
---
GT and PSN-kurosawasghost
#2InfernalLurkerPosted 12/13/2012 6:17:57 PM(edited)
Random luck aside, you have to farm specific enemies.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary

Scroll down to Borderlands 2 and look at the "dropped by" to see who drops what.
---
Leveling up jobs is a means to an end. It isn't content.
#3Mtpgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 6:21:01 PM
cool thanks, is it even possible to get orange drops through normal play?
---
GT and PSN-kurosawasghost
#4TsurukePosted 12/13/2012 6:31:15 PM(edited)
Mtpgamer posted...
im having a heck of a time getting any orange drops....do i literally HAVE to farm specific enemies or are they supposed to drop from bosses and chests?

This should answer your question perfectly
http://i49.tinypic.com/b832g3.jpg

Mtpgamer posted...
cool thanks, is it even possible to get orange drops through normal play?

Yes, I can confirm through experience.
Playthrough 1 with Mechromancer, Knuckledragger dropped a Legendary Weapon (pistol to be exact in what kind of weapon) for me.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#5PanopictonguyPosted 12/13/2012 6:37:18 PM
You can get legendary weapons from normal play. Farming is an option. Save it for a last resort if it's not yore idea of fun.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#6danktank621Posted 12/13/2012 6:46:21 PM
Yea I found an orange shield in a random chest, the cradle, really early on though only like level 8 or something. Still sitting in my bank, for some reason I'm having difficulty selling the only orange I've ever found
#7HughJorgennPosted 12/13/2012 7:00:29 PM
danktank621 posted...
Yea I found an orange shield in a random chest, the cradle, really early on though only like level 8 or something. Still sitting in my bank, for some reason I'm having difficulty selling the only orange I've ever found

I keep the low level oranges as a starter kit for new characters. You just have to get someone to invite you to Sanctuary so you can get in your shared stash.
#8TsurukePosted 12/13/2012 7:04:18 PM(edited)
danktank621 posted...

You just defined the difference between a person that acquired a legendary item/weapon legitimately, and a duper (willing to sell weaker legendary item/weapons with no remorse).
[Granted there are certain scenarios and different personality types that might not fit between the two -- gray areas, so to speak -- but that is the black and white of it]

I felt the same exact way of my Level 8 Infinity until I did the side-quests after completing TVHM to scale the quests to my level. Still never parted with it, I stuck it in Claptrap's Secret Stash so every time I create a new character I have that to fall back to.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#9C_AureusPosted 12/13/2012 7:22:29 PM
I got the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot from one of the red chests after you fight Terramorphous.
---
Pax Per Bellum
GT: IM a JACKAL
#10lee_Posted 12/13/2012 7:33:18 PM
I found a Trick Shot Maggie from the Treasure room, one of my favorite guns to use now.
---
Xbox Live GT: Swansfan4
Butt Stallion says hello