What DLC to start first...Pirates or Carnage?

#1Mass_Effect_757Posted 12/13/2012 11:12:15 PM
I'm only level 18

1. What DLC would be appropriate for my character lvl?
2. if I do both the DLC's first, would that make story mode a cake walk?
3. Does Story missions/quest or the DLC's scale with your character level?

Thanks
#2PensatoPosted 12/13/2012 11:31:35 PM
2. Yes, the game scales as poorly as the first one did.

3. I may have it slightly wrong, but as I understand it, the DLC will be whatever level you enter it at and will stay whatever level the current story mission you have is at. The story mission will scale to your level when you first take the mission, but not scale with you as you level up.

So if you take a DLC story mission at level 18, but leave and do stuff in the main game and come back at level 28, everything will still be level 18 till you beat that mission. Then the next story mission you take should scale to 28.
#3Mass_Effect_757(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 4:58:29 AM
Pensato posted...
2. Yes, the game scales as poorly as the first one did.

3. I may have it slightly wrong, but as I understand it, the DLC will be whatever level you enter it at and will stay whatever level the current story mission you have is at. The story mission will scale to your level when you first take the mission, but not scale with you as you level up.

So if you take a DLC story mission at level 18, but leave and do stuff in the main game and come back at level 28, everything will still be level 18 till you beat that mission. Then the next story mission you take should scale to 28.

Perfect, thanks for the excellent explanation
#4hotgamer90Posted 12/14/2012 7:59:50 AM
As for which one to start, it really depends on a lot of things. Personally, I find some of the loot better in Pirates. As a Zero player, I was happy as hell to get the Rapier as a quest reward, but thats just my opinion. As for Carnage, it is funnier and more interesting from a story standpoint, so you can really go either way.
---
The harder the game, the more likely you will scream and try to throw the game out of the window.
360 GT - BeyondLimitatio
#5MosebysRangersPosted 12/14/2012 8:23:55 AM
My recommendation is start both simultaneously than come back as needed if too. I would recommend you do all sidequests on Pt1 in both to help you level to 50 faster and earlier in your TVHM mode.

Best way to explain it is once you reach level 50 at any point you want to get through the MS in TVHM mode without doing sidequests so that once you beat the Warrior you will have all most quest rewards set to 50 if you have not accepted yet.

Note I say most because some of DLC is set to 49 no matter what. With only one DLC with some grinding, all sidequests done in DLC and PT1 I reached level 50 easily by The Bunker which is about halfway thru TVHM (PT2).

With Torgue DLC sidequests plus Scarelett DLC you should get to level 50 sooner now in TVHM mode.

Note all quest rewards even if guaranteed to be Level 50 still for most part does not guarantee best actual stats. Really recommend you learn to farm your quest turn in's to see if you can get better version of your quest rewards as it pays off. Re: Turn in reward-dashboard a few times and see if cannot get better versions.

Also would advise you check Wiki and other sites on where Legendary (orange) items come from and realize that for most part bosses especially are not and I repeat not guaranteed to drop them. Very few items are guranteed LF rewards.