My badass rank got fixed, but I am still wearing a skin I "don't have".

#1hotpiercedguyPosted 12/14/2012 1:04:48 AM
Will that be ok? When I lost my skins, I lost the current one I had on, but I just never changed it. So now I have some of my skins back, but not all. I did NOT get back the skin I am wearing. If I never change it will that be ok? At least unless I pick up something I like better. I don't even remember the name of it to be honest.
---
well good for u i didnt come to ur precious server im not gonna tell u where i am but im not on urs thank you - Sxmfc
#2jenbecklerPosted 12/14/2012 1:06:05 AM
Yep. As long as you don't change it it should stay as is. I would say if you knew what it was I could probably see if I have it.
---
GT: JenMeister07
#3serpentsembracePosted 12/14/2012 2:32:12 AM
as long as you dont change it in the selection its safe, you can even enter the character thing, forget the name off the top of my head and see what the skin is just dont change it.
---
GT: IGWBuffalo
#4hotpiercedguy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 3:11:16 PM
What would happen if I found the skin I am wearing and picked it up? Could I use it still? It's one for zero thats plain and mostly white but the helmet and stripe are a purple color.
---
well good for u i didnt come to ur precious server im not gonna tell u where i am but im not on urs thank you - Sxmfc
#5InfernalLurkerPosted 12/15/2012 3:31:36 PM(edited)
You activate the skin, then from then on you can change back and forth to the skin you are currently wearing.
---
Leveling up jobs is a means to an end. It isn't content.
#6Mysticman89Posted 12/15/2012 3:43:01 PM
I was wearing 'this is HEV-y' when I got reset, and have continued to wear it (despite it not being unlocked from the customisation menu) until around an hour ago when I found the skin again and was able to re-unlock it with no issue.

Just fyi, all the skins/heads gotten as loot weren't returned with the fix, just the challenge related ones, which is probably why you've found yourself wearing a skin you don't have.
#7GrenpaPosted 12/15/2012 3:56:26 PM
So why did they reset all that crap exactly? I lost skins I got from the slot machine and heads I got completely legit...
#8Mysticman89Posted 12/15/2012 3:59:55 PM
The badass rank reset was a glitch/bug that also reset skins/heads and golden keys, since it involved profile data getting overwritten. Gearbox certainly didn't intend for peoples badass ranks/skins/keys to get reset.

Unfortunately, getting patches sometimes triggered the bug, so some people (including myself) who weren't previously hit by the bug were hit by the very patch that fixed it. Those who have gotten the patch now should be safe going forward at least, provided they don't delete their cache.