Quick question clarifying quest level-scaling. *Minor Spoilers*

#1BloodgiftDemonPosted 12/14/2012 5:57:47 AM
Hello, fellow gamers. Just a quick question about scaling quests to level 50.

I know that I need to complete playthrough 2.0 and start playthrough 2.5, but my question pertains to, for lack of a better term, quest chains. For example, the "Cult Following" quest chain in Frostburn Canyon.

If I accept and complete the first three quests -- Ashes, Scorch, and Matchstick -- but "Decline / Press B" on the fourth quest -- Enkindling, which awards the orange Firehawk shield -- will it scale to level 50? Or does starting the first quest in the chain lock in the whole chain of quests to that level?

Thanks for your time!
#2tuner240Posted 12/14/2012 6:14:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that whatever level you start the first quest in the chain with is the level that the other levels will be.
#3fakesnoop77Posted 12/14/2012 6:14:36 AM
I believe that leaving the latter part means that particular quest item will scale to 50 during 2.5

I hope so anyway because that is what I am cutrrently doing
---
GT = Fakesnoop77
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#4tuner240Posted 12/14/2012 6:23:59 AM
This was how I screwed up the flesh stick mission in my second playthrough, accepting and completing the first parts of the quest to get it ready for power leveling, but it was stuck at 37 after I finished my second playthrough.
#5evilvideogamerPosted 12/14/2012 6:33:05 AM
I picked up the first quest in the chain during 2.0 and it was level 37 and ignored it till 2.5. After completing it every other quest in the chain and the resulting legendary shield was 50. It's fine at least to pick up the first one so you can have the chain in your menu if you want it is probably ok to do all the quests up until accepting the final one, but I can't assure that.
---
swagodile for life
Black: 0432 7698 4556