Who else stop playing this game after you heard about the 5% rare drop rate.

#41windfootPosted 12/21/2012 10:12:32 AM
It is much less than 5.

And the drop rates of this game are ridiculous. If there wasnt the treasure room glitch i wouldnt have decent gear even to beat terramorphous.

There is no reason whatsoever for legendaries to be as rare as they are. No one should be forced to treat the game as a job to get acess to those stuff.
---
To know that you do not know is the best.To pretend to know when you do not know is a disease.
#42gOwCoD4Posted 12/21/2012 10:18:52 AM
windfoot posted...
It is much less than 5.

And the drop rates of this game are ridiculous. If there wasnt the treasure room glitch i wouldnt have decent gear even to beat terramorphous.

There is no reason whatsoever for legendaries to be as rare as they are. No one should be forced to treat the game as a job to get acess to those stuff.

At least in this game you have a means of getting legendaries that you want. In BL1 you had to grind to get a random legendary instead of a specific legendary.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#43superdiddy34Posted 12/21/2012 12:19:02 PM
gOwCoD4 posted...
windfoot posted...
It is much less than 5.

At least in this game you have a means of getting legendaries that you want. In BL1 you had to grind to get a random legendary instead of a specific legendary.

Crawmerax made farm Legendary easy since he drop like 3 to 6 of them every time you beat him
---
Gamertag:Urbandemon34
#44IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 12/21/2012 12:32:51 PM
AngryOldFeral posted...
I stopped playing after I found out about the drop rates.

I quit my job. I punched my children, divorced my wife, burnt down the house, and started playing Russian Roulette in a dirty, rundown basement of a Vietnamese laundromat for kicks because skags weren't spewing orange-rares from their decapitated torsos when I killed them.

Now this is how sarcasm was meant to be used. Hats off to you good sir!
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#45wordrubPosted 12/21/2012 12:38:51 PM
drake_skull posted...
But wait...Pearls have a lower drop rate than legendaries in this game so your logic just goes right out the window.

I feel like you just wanted to talk about the drop rate of pearls IRL
---
"I've been a lot of places and I've seen a lot of faces... I kicked those faces asses."
#46PanopictonguyPosted 12/21/2012 2:20:51 PM
superdiddy34 posted...
gOwCoD4 posted...
windfoot posted...
It is much less than 5.

Crawmerax made farm Legendary easy since he drop like 3 to 6 of them every time you beat him

Yes 3 Equalizers
A Savoir
And a Bulldog

Man those were some awesome guns. Crawmerex dropped so many I stopped
picking them up. Nothing more legendary than ammo Regen and a huge clip.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=11 N =11
#47KLOUDrocksPosted 12/21/2012 2:58:47 PM
AngryOldFeral posted...
I stopped playing after I found out about the drop rates.

I quit my job. I punched my children, divorced my wife, burnt down the house, and started playing Russian Roulette in a dirty, rundown basement of a Vietnamese laundromat for kicks because skags weren't spewing orange-rares from their decapitated torsos when I killed them.

Watch out. YOUR drop rate during Russian Roulette begins at 16.66667% but increases with every additional pull of the trigger.
#48Vexx1313Posted 12/21/2012 5:02:57 PM
mooninomics posted...
xHuckleberry posted...
mooninomics posted...
Max58201 posted...
5% drop rate of a mob who is in the same location 100% of the time is bad huh. 90% of rpg's laugh at that.

Agreed. Hell, look at the original Borderlands. You want a legendary weapon? Best go out and get it. Oh wait, you want a specific legendary weapon?
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! Good luck, hope you get it! Tell you what, when you get a half-assed Equalizer or another Hellfire, let me know. I'll throw you a couple of my better vendor trash blues. Wanting some kind of specific drop?!? What? You're nuts.

Uh, what.

You never had the luxury of specific drops in BL1. You couldn't farm a specific boss for specific legendary weapons like you can now. You wanted some specific weapon? You'd better hope you got lucky, because you couldn't just go farm Skagzilla or Krom or Baron Flynt for it. The closest thing was Crawmerax, and even then you never really had any kind of assurance that what you wanted would drop.

But that was the beauty of BL1 every enemy dropped something. It was the definition of loot fest. I could walk through an area with normal and bad*** enemies and I could almost always walk away with some kind of new loot that I would equip regardless of what color it was. Now in BL2 I get excited if an enemy let alone a boss even drops ammo, money and maybe a green level loot.

I don't feel that all the people who complain about loot drops want legendaries to drop more frequently but loot in general to drop more frequently and be something other than a white low level pistol. (At least in my experience. )
#49Android21APosted 12/21/2012 5:09:08 PM
Seiichi Omori posted...
1/10

More like 0.5/10. See what I did there?
---
Will you take the Rocket Launcher?
>Yes No
#50Bob_EsrockPosted 12/27/2012 3:03:28 PM
mooninomics posted...
xHuckleberry posted...
mooninomics posted...
Max58201 posted...
5% drop rate of a mob who is in the same location 100% of the time is bad huh. 90% of rpg's laugh at that.

Agreed. Hell, look at the original Borderlands. You want a legendary weapon? Best go out and get it. Oh wait, you want a specific legendary weapon?
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! Good luck, hope you get it! Tell you what, when you get a half-assed Equalizer or another Hellfire, let me know. I'll throw you a couple of my better vendor trash blues. Wanting some kind of specific drop?!? What? You're nuts.

Uh, what.

You never had the luxury of specific drops in BL1. You couldn't farm a specific boss for specific legendary weapons like you can now. You wanted some specific weapon? You'd better hope you got lucky, because you couldn't just go farm Skagzilla or Krom or Baron Flynt for it. The closest thing was Crawmerax, and even then you never really had any kind of assurance that what you wanted would drop.

I'd say that's probably because their drops in BL1 weren't orange, though I can't really speak on that since I haven't been able to get enough oranges in this game to judge.

Farming was much better in the first game though, in my opinion.
---
Lurking since 1999
Am I the only one who tends to read topics as one large self-argumentative post?