Anyone not going to support them if they keep nerfing things?

#41StormWolf12Posted 12/21/2012 7:54:49 PM
mfv12979 posted...
i tend to come on here from time to time to check whats up. im glad i don't play this game anymore. lol. why would anyone would bother look for a better weapon when the AR sucks. the only weapons that was better was CC and baby maker even without the bee. every other guns can suck it. most people use infinity pistol just so they don't have to keep buying ammo. but oh well.

Thanks for sharing that garbage. Also, repair your shift key.
#42DocOdinePosted 12/21/2012 7:57:26 PM
mfv12979 posted...
i tend to come on here from time to time to check whats up. im glad i don't play this game anymore. lol. why would anyone would bother look for a better weapon when the AR sucks. the only weapons that was better was CC and baby maker even without the bee. every other guns can suck it. most people use infinity pistol just so they don't have to keep buying ammo. but oh well.

Sounds like you're just bad at games. I play as LBT Mechro with a full shock setup (b****, white death, thunderball fists, badaboom, quasar and a fire Heartbreaker for security if there's a shock resist mob) and only use the Bee when I boss farm, otherwise it's my Neogenator or Hide of T.
---
I need a woman like Jenassa. Spend a month away from home with a strange woman, come home to food, $2000 and sex, then leave.
#43robbiegatorPosted 12/21/2012 8:12:56 PM
DocOdine posted...
Use a faster gun.

I have faster. The point, which is apparently over your head, is that faster ROF guns get a disproportionate boost with the Bee. And they always did.

They didn't fix anything; they broke shotguns. The reason shotguns were so powerful with the Bee was not because the amp damage was incorrectly applied to each pellet, but because they could throw out an amazing number of pellets in a short period of time, especially the CC.

The main limiting factor with shotguns is accuracy, how many pellets actually connect. When the target is bigger than a house, like Terramorphus, this limiting factor is gone.

Amp damage should be applied as a percentage, like, oh, EVERY OTHER DAMAGE BUFF IN THE GAME. It's the flat damage boost that is the root of the problem.
---
Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time.
#44xHuckleberryPosted 12/21/2012 8:16:12 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
BigSai29 posted...
Actually it's more than 1 gun that will only be "slighty OP now." That is also an interesting definition of slightly OP since it's pretty easy to do 200k with a short burst of any fully automatic.

My response was about sniper rifles since Skullmasher is the only sniper I can think of with a multiplier on the damage card.

I was just using the strongest sniper rifle in the game, or was. As an example.

Green jakobs do damn near the same as the skullmasher now. Have you used it. Have you
#45PanopictonguyPosted 12/21/2012 8:57:15 PM
robbiegator posted...
DocOdine posted...
Use a faster gun.

I have faster. The point, which is apparently over your head, is that faster ROF guns get a disproportionate boost with the Bee. And they always did.

They didn't fix anything; they broke shotguns. The reason shotguns were so powerful with the Bee was not because the amp damage was incorrectly applied to each pellet, but because they could throw out an amazing number of pellets in a short period of time, especially the CC.

The main limiting factor with shotguns is accuracy, how many pellets actually connect. When the target is bigger than a house, like Terramorphus, this limiting factor is gone.

Amp damage should be applied as a percentage, like, oh, EVERY OTHER DAMAGE BUFF IN THE GAME. It's the flat damage boost that is the root of the problem.

Accuracy is not an issue when every pellet is doing over 60k damage.

It's not RoF. Shot guns can cover the whole screen with extremely high damage with a single trigger pull. Adding the bee to the equation trivialized MP.

firing fast is one thing. When you're able to kill groups of enemies just by taking pot shots while some people might need to aim or take awhile to set up. Some people are going to sit around just watching things die.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=11 N =11
#46robbiegatorPosted 12/21/2012 9:18:46 PM
I'm not opposing the nerf to the Bee. I do actually know why it was done. I don't play online, but my son uses it in splitscreen. Basically I just watch him kill everything; not fun.

A nerf with shotguns was understandable, but they did it badly. They worsened the Bee's stats, but it's still OP with certain weapons. Instead of the CC, everyone wants a Fibber because it does almost the same thing as shotguns pre-patch.

A percentage based damage boost would fix this problem. You wouldn't see 60k shotgun pellets unless they did something insufferably stupid like give it +1000% amp damage.
---
#47DocOdinePosted 12/21/2012 9:20:16 PM
robbiegator posted...
DocOdine posted...
Use a faster gun.

Wait, you're telling me guns that hit faster for lower damage have better damage over time vs guns that hit harder and slower for large spike damage? Holy hell that is such a brand new concept in RPGs!! Surely we must keep this news from game developers lest it be used in every f***ing online rpg known to man!
---
I need a woman like Jenassa. Spend a month away from home with a strange woman, come home to food, $2000 and sex, then leave.
#48TheismosPosted 12/21/2012 9:25:02 PM
Pensato posted...
Theismos posted...
He's was using the straw man argument, very obviously, in response to the OP's use of the exact same statement. Focus less on hyperbole to make your own "point".

Now, that is some derp right there. There was no hyperbole in my statement, just a simple fact. Your statement on the other hand if is full of hyperbole, though I doubt you could ever make your own "point" without it. Hypocrisy at it's best

Not that I should ever expect any less from a fanboy who's reading comprehension is tenuous.

If you want to play the pseudo-intellectual then at least refrain from words like "derp". You don't have any idea what a "straw man" argument is much less "hyperbole", because you consistently use both and still have an unjustified sense of accomplishment.
#49robbiegatorPosted 12/21/2012 9:46:00 PM
No, I'm saying the flat damage bonus gives a greater BONUS to DPS with faster weapons. If it were a percentage, the higher DPS weapon without the Bee would be the higher DPS weapon with the Bee. That's not necessarily the case now.

Take 2 hypothetical weapons- Weapon A does 100 damage with a 5 ROF and weapon B does 300 damage with a 2 ROF . Assuming all other things are equal, weapon B does more spike damage and DPS. Add 500 amp damage and weapon A does 3000 DPS, while weapon B does only 1600.

That's a +500% increase in DPS for weapon A and only a +167% increase in DPS for weapon B.

ROF is the reason.
---
#50BigSai29Posted 12/21/2012 9:52:07 PM
I was just using the strongest sniper rifle in the game, or was. As an example.

Green jakobs do damn near the same as the skullmasher now. Have you used it. Have you

BAR turned off, no skill points, Shooting the Target Practice in the dick

No Mod
Skookum Skullmasher 9712*5 = 48560

Blue Skookum Muckamuck 30,867 = 30,867
Everything checking out so far

With Hulking Titan Mod with +30% gun damage equipped

Skookum Skullmasher = 51,473
Skookum Muckamuck = 40,127

This totally makes sense!

400 Stacks of Anarchy = +70% Gun Damage -700% Accuracy

That doesn't break the build at all!