Anyone not going to support them if they keep nerfing things?

#51robbiegatorPosted 12/21/2012 8:59:39 PM
Fully specced and equipped, my 15k Law does only 2k less damage than a 4k*6 Maggie.
The Law actually does more damage with Money shot because it holds one more bullet than the Maggie.
---
Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time.
#52xHuckleberryPosted 12/21/2012 10:12:36 PM
BigSai29 posted...
I was just using the strongest sniper rifle in the game, or was. As an example.

Green jakobs do damn near the same as the skullmasher now. Have you used it. Have you

BAR turned off, no skill points, Shooting the Target Practice in the dick

No Mod
Skookum Skullmasher 9712*5 = 48560

Blue Skookum Muckamuck 30,867 = 30,867
Everything checking out so far

With Hulking Titan Mod with +30% gun damage equipped

Skookum Skullmasher = 51,473
Skookum Muckamuck = 40,127

This totally makes sense!

400 Stacks of Anarchy = +70% Gun Damage -700% Accuracy

That doesn't break the build at all!

sadface
#53AngryOldFeralPosted 12/21/2012 10:12:43 PM
I'll keep supporting them.

My only grievance with them was their shoddy code that kept screwing up my characters (autosave lag freeze, BAR reset)... they've addressed that, and now I can play normally. They've also included preventive measures to keep it from happening again. My animosity for Gearbox has subsided, and I have resumed my hobby of wandering around Pandora burning people alive and melting faces. Good times.

In terms of the "grrr, they're nerfing stuff!" aspect, though... I hate to say it, but: get used to it. Not just for this game, either. Every title, especially competitive shooters, have had the same thing occur time and time again. Anytime there's a large enough outcry of angry fans, something gets nerfed. People got mad at people exploiting hipfire spray-and-pray tactics in BF3, so that got nerfed... same with the effectiveness of tac-lights, and mortars. The infamous Sawed-Off Shotgun in Gears 3 was the source of such mass bawwwing that the weapon was reduced to little more than a paperweight by Epic. The list goes on.

Basically as long as there's enough fan tears, developers will continue to act. Sometimes it's for the better, other times they still don't get that balance right.

Since I was never a huge fan of The Bee, this really doesn't bother me. Personally I would like to see an all-around buff to Assault Rifles so they wouldn't be so easily-outclassed by SMGs, but that's really my only thoughts on balancing issues.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#54yiangaruuugaPosted 12/22/2012 7:38:28 AM
Yes, I will. Like someone previously said, you should not be able to solo a raid boss in under 10 seconds or without struggle. Even if the Bee was OP due to shoddy code, it was still OP and needed a nerf.

Bee + CC was pretty much immortality in this game, and for the life of me, I can't seem to understand how this is fun. Fun to me is a challenge, but to others this is evidently different.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#55BirthOfDeoxys17Posted 12/22/2012 7:52:31 AM
Nerfing = balancing. How can anyone not support that?