Played BL2 extensively, now playing BL1 for the first time..

#1smoss469Posted 12/23/2012 12:22:15 PM
It seems like a night and day difference. Wow. I hate not having the mini-map and the game seems harder. Aiming the weapon thus far doesn't help much as almost every gun I've found is a "look down the sight" type of aim. The quests seem tougher and the levels seem more spread out. IE I have a lot of quests way over my level but nothing my level to help me get there.

I picked Lilith this time around and man I'm missing the turret that I had on BL2. Her ability seems almost like an escape only which doesn't really mesh with my "offensive first" play style. Does it get better?

Any tips?
#2youngunner2123Posted 12/23/2012 1:13:34 PM
Find another player(s). Or never play that again lol

No serious I did the same to help a friend finish knoxx DLC. And well.

I could not find my way out of a wet paper bag. It's so different and like u said no mini map makes it so difficult to find your way around w out going back and forth in pause menu

But it was a good game that I played for almost 3 years. Good Times
#3SunshineladyPosted 12/23/2012 1:19:24 PM
Lilith doesn't get strong until later when you have the right mods, your SMG skills leveled, and the Hellfire. And yes, her move is just an escape move, which will keep you alive.
---
You don't know how they lost a heart? It was probably Tartaros. That heart breaker.
#4PanopictonguyPosted 12/23/2012 1:25:39 PM(edited)
Sunshinelady posted...
Lilith doesn't get strong until later when you have the right mods, your SMG skills leveled, and the Hellfire. And yes, her move is just an escape move, which will keep you alive.

Wrong, wrong, wrong...

Lilith is a beast from the get-go and specced right phase walk will devastate groups of enemies coming in and going out.

@TC it's really not that bad, you're kist spoiled by what we currently have. And quest really aren't that far apart. If you do all the quest available when you get them you'll out level the main game.

Edit: Also scopes were a big part of the gun generator in BL. A guns rarity could be jacked up just because it had a super scope on it.

---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=11 N =11
#5ecureuilPosted 12/23/2012 1:52:47 PM
Lilith gets amazing as you progress. Level 35 felt like the tipping point where she really started to outstrip the other characters. I have 4 level 50's in BL2 but Lilith will always be my girl.
#6LaharPosted 12/23/2012 2:02:03 PM
I actually found the mini map hard to get used to going into BL2. I was used to the first game with the enemy red blips on the horizontal compass.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#7smoss469(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 3:58:31 PM
Lahar posted...
I actually found the mini map hard to get used to going into BL2. I was used to the first game with the enemy red blips on the horizontal compass.

I'm used to games w/a mini-map and since I never played BL1, I didn't have to adjust to anything different.
#8Flow_149Posted 12/23/2012 4:20:15 PM(edited)
Lilith is amazing. Maybe your just bad TC (jk).
But as said before shes has some really effective skills from the get go, most noticeably spark- a tier one skill that flat out adds a +4% elemental effect chance (20%+ when maxed). Later on you'll have access to inner glow (health regen) + hard to get (action skill cooldown) thus allowing you to recover your shields and 70% health while still being invulnerable in phasewalk with it's extremely short cooldown.
#9LaharPosted 12/23/2012 4:31:19 PM
I heard what you're saying. When you mentioned no mini-map, GTA IV came to mind. Had a hard time remembering where anything was, relied on the pause menu's map. But eventually I got used to landmarks, turns, etc., and I think the same can happen with a game like Borderlands.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#10longnutsPosted 12/23/2012 4:38:14 PM
If you want, I can give you items that will make Lilith a total planet wrecker.
---
My first console was a colecovision, so yeah!
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/xLONGNUTTSx