Does badass level affect difficulty?

#1panmagneticPosted 12/23/2012 11:33:13 PM
Started a new character from level 1 with a badass level of 13569, and its noticeably harder. Was hitting lots of badass enemies very early on. Reached Wilhelm, and he's three levels over the mission ranking, and always has four to six repair drones hovering about with those reflecting shields. He was a pushover last time. Now he's dropping me constantly. WTF?
#2StormWolf12Posted 12/24/2012 12:17:19 AM
panmagnetic posted...
Started a new character from level 1 with a badass level of 13569, and its noticeably harder. Was hitting lots of badass enemies very early on. Reached Wilhelm, and he's three levels over the mission ranking, and always has four to six repair drones hovering about with those reflecting shields. He was a pushover last time. Now he's dropping me constantly. WTF?

No, bad ass rank makes the game easier.
#3herduliekmudkipPosted 12/24/2012 12:34:10 AM
they buffed wilhelm btw
---
http://i.imgur.com/fsSme.png
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny
#4panmagnetic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 12:58:20 AM
Ok, hadn't heard about the Wilhelm change. Was hoping to not have to level up with side quests so much this time, but he's three levels over me. I thought the whole point to the story was that he wasn't all that tough, at least not there. Oh well.

Definitely feels like I'm seeing harder enemies, though. More badass nomads than not. Multiple bruisers where there would be one or two previously. Something has knocked the balance off a bit, and I say this after soloing TVHM.