The Point Of Borderlands....

#1PanopictonguyPosted 12/26/2012 12:05:09 PM
So after hanging around forums for some time and reading various tweets, Facebook comments, and YouTube comments I've come to realize the point of Borderlands is to get as much rare loot as possible and dupe it for everyone.

For some reason there are some difficulty hurdles, but the game is not suppose to be difficult. There also seems to be a bad glitch which causes drop rates to be to low. Also white and green guns are way to common. This is wrong because they are trash that don't kill things fast enough.

For some reason I thought this was suppose to be like other loot games with a Multiplayer component, sadly I was wrong. I guess I didn't know this because I never played outside a small group of friends in the first Borderlands.

I now understand why there is hardly any discussion beyond LF and exploits. This game is extremely shallow and lacks replay value because the drop rates are so low.

I wish I knew all this before I wasted so much time on the Borderlands series. I'm going sell this now and invest in Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#2killbot357Posted 12/26/2012 12:06:24 PM
can you dup fibber for me before you sell this

thanks snake
---
Currently playing: Cave Story 3D, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#3Chronic_ApathyPosted 12/26/2012 12:06:43 PM
Just a troll topic, nothing to see here people.
---
"My dad died during a Lovesplosion, I find that offensive." - Kadris_Mieryu
WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! 1! 2! 3! 4!
#4BayouJoePosted 12/26/2012 12:12:53 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
I wish I knew all this before I wasted so much time on the Borderlands series. I'm going sell this now and invest in Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2.

Couldn't have been too much of a waste since, like you said, you put so much time into it.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#5StormWolf12Posted 12/26/2012 12:26:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6crosswindkrabPosted 12/26/2012 12:14:58 PM
Seems like ....

..... you bought the wrong game.
---
If you can't freeze a turtle, you can't freeze a T-Rex.
#7puppyPosted 12/26/2012 12:31:43 PM
The point of borderlands is fun. I have fun playing it, which is contrary to popular belief. I laughed at the new DLC, I enjoyed farming Pete for rares, I love watching my Badass rank fill up, I'm having a blast building my Mechromancer after finishing my Siren, and I *gasp* enjoy the gameplay.

The game is fun, so either play it and enjoy it or move on.
---
You look under puppy's message.
You find a potion!
#8InfernalLurkerPosted 12/26/2012 12:32:29 PM
TC is like a broken record. One that people seem to be steadily and rightfully ignoring. Heh. Poor TC.
---
Leveling up jobs is a means to an end. It isn't content.
#9Panopictonguy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 12:43:35 PM
BayouJoe posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

Couldn't have been too much of a waste since, like you said, you put so much time into it.

I've been playing it wrong all these years. I've actually been trying to get my own loot, and I level most if not all the characters to 50 on my own. Hell I actually use WHITE gear...that's just laughable. I'm embarrassed to admit any of this.
---
#10Panopictonguy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 12:43:54 PM
crosswindkrab posted...
Seems like ....

..... you bought the wrong game.

True
---