Axton explosive build. Pondering switching it up a bit. Advice?

#1ChicagoTed_Posted 12/26/2012 12:52:04 PM
So I'm currently running an explosive build with Axton. Details below:

Level 50 Explicit Unkempt Harold
Level 50 Juicy Ravager
Level 49 Deep Nukem (ikr?)
---
Level 50 Meteor Shower
Level 50 Cradle Shield
Expert Grenadier Mod
Explosion Damage+ Relic

My skill tree is set up for maximum explosive damage, getting 10/5 for Steady and 9/5 for Impact. While this is amazing for damage, I don't feel like I'm employing Nuke enough with my turret.

My question is, should I equip the Legendary Soldier Mod instead, and spec without rocket pods? The tradeoff is I go down the survival tree for Resourceful, and decrease my cooldown time from the mod and the skill. Then, I'd be picking my turret up as soon as it detonates, allowing me to throw out my turret (nuke) quickly and often.

Thoughts? I'm shooting for fun here, not necessarily optimization. ;)
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted
#2StormWolf12Posted 12/26/2012 1:10:50 PM
Meteor Shower is far superior to Nuke, unfortunately. You could use a big boom blaster and throw a great many, or scavenge chests. When you have 4 or less grenades, chests are always going to have a grenade.
#3ChicagoTed_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 1:25:35 PM(edited)
StormWolf12 posted...
Meteor Shower is far superior to Nuke, unfortunately. You could use a big boom blaster and throw a great many, or scavenge chests. When you have 4 or less grenades, chests are always going to have a grenade.

Oh, I know. Nuke isn't the best in the damage department, but what do you think about its fun level?

Would throwing out nukes every few seconds (for the lulz factor) be worth it to sacrifice the damage I'm getting from the Grenadier mod and extra 5 points in Steady?
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted
#4StormWolf12Posted 12/26/2012 1:28:22 PM
ChicagoTed_ posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

Oh, I know. Nuke isn't the best in the damage department, but what do you think about its fun level?

Would throwing out nukes every few seconds (for the lulz factor) be worth it to sacrifice the damage I'm getting from the Grenadier mod and extra 5 points in Steady?

Oh, definitely. I use it for the fun factor. It's comical. It's not great, but it is workable. Don't get me wrong, I like the Nuke because of the fun, but I wouldn't change the build completely for it. You could go with an efficiency engineer mod if you wanted.
#5WandymanPosted 12/26/2012 1:37:24 PM
I also run an explosive build. I like the Evolution shield along with the Plump Kerblaster.
---
GT: Buddhasmash83