Was Level Scaling Patched into PL1?

#1jamesgriggsPosted 12/27/2012 3:42:32 PM
I'm playing through my first time solo, and I'm having a hard time. I've been trying to tackle all the side missions so that the story missions would be easier, but the enemies (although not the quest level) are keeping up with me. I'm lvl 30 now, and I'm always evenly matched or even overmatched in terms of lvl.

I'm dying all the time, on side and story missions. Even when I went back to do the Statuesque mission, which says it's lvl 24, all of the enemies are scaled. It's really making for a bad play experience.
#2ImThatGoodPosted 12/27/2012 3:58:37 PM
No, its odd. It doesn't scale, per say, but it keeps enemies with you to a certain point. Its damn near impossible single player. This game is much much harder than the first.
---
When your uncle wins the lottery and gives you $5 for your birthday, you know there's love in your family. TRUE STORY
#3StunOperator82Posted 12/27/2012 4:24:56 PM
ImThatGood posted...
No, its odd. It doesn't scale, per say, but it keeps enemies with you to a certain point. Its damn near impossible single player. This game is much much harder than the first.

Per se
#4MordicanPosted 12/27/2012 4:37:21 PM
I'm using Zero and steamrolling playthrough 1. I find it so easy that it's hard to play long before i get bored. Maybe you should give him a go.
---
-No getting off the hook for free today, ladies, I'm not through playing. Besides, this time you might even give me a little sport- ~Albel~
#5killbot357Posted 12/27/2012 4:48:42 PM
StunOperator82 posted...
ImThatGood posted...

Per se

"Per se."
---
Currently playing: Cave Story 3D, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#6RipTorePosted 12/27/2012 5:10:54 PM
It's more challenging than BL1...But I have been playing single player exclusivly. I have had a few spots that I died a few times on but nothing to bad.
---
Check out the new, improved WOT board. Now with LESS topicality: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=408
#7jamesgriggs(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 5:41:26 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have picked Siren for my first playthrough.
#8StunOperator82Posted 12/27/2012 5:48:24 PM
killbot357 posted...
StunOperator82 posted...
ImThatGood posted...

Per se

"Per se."

[*"Per se."*]
#9RPGman2112Posted 12/27/2012 5:49:39 PM
I used a siren and I loved it, phaselock saved my life many times. If you are having trouble respec your skills to the middle tree, its health regeneration is huge.

Also make sure you have a good SMG. Maybe use a few golden keys, donate money to moxxi until she gives you one, or maybe even farm a boss for one. Without good guns you will be screwed, things did get fairly tough for me in the 30-40 range
---
XBL gamertag: eingram21
Life is a maybe. Death is for sure. Sin is the cause. Christ is the cure.
#10KANB1EPosted 12/27/2012 9:57:47 PM
If you're ever hurting for a decent smg for your level just travel to frostbutn canyon and grab the Lascaux